Liam from Oasis slagging off U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah right, that why Liam wrote about 50+ tunes for the latest album.

To quote his brother Noel: "Liam drives this band along, if it was up to me we'd still be writing a follow-up to Morning Glory"

:cool:

Liam's arrogance is one reason why I love Oasis.

All theirMusic is great too...

and this quote is the funniest one ever:

"You see pictures of Bono running around LA with his little white legs and a bottle of Volvic and he looks like a fanny."

Who cares what that hothead has to say...havent listened to the new Oasis album yet heard its decent.

MrBrau1 said:

Liam's got a brother. He does all the work.

On the new dvd that came on the flip side of the new album, during the documentary of the making of the album, their producer (David Sardy, methinks?), mentions trying to get to the recording studio before the band and how he never does. And that one day he made a major attempt to be the first one to the studio, only to find Liam there strumming a guitar. Ahem.

the tourist said:
Hey look! Another "let's bash Oasis!" thread. How typical.

More like another "LET'S RIOT BECAUSE SOMEONE SAYS U2 ISN'T THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD" thread.

I swear, any time someone says something remotely bad about U2, or even if they just say that they think of themselves better than U2 (a la Coldplay), everyone here gets up in arms about it. I mean, settle down, people. Yeesh.

Especially this time. I mean, it's the dude from Oasis. Come on. When isn't this guy slagging off other artists to get media attention? And you know why he does it? He does it because people like a lot of the ones on these boards get completely riled up because of it, which gets Oasis that much more press (you know what they say - there's no such thing as bad press!).

So, in summation, settle down little U2 fans. It's all going to be okay. :wink:

XHendrix24 said:

More like another "LET'S RIOT BECAUSE SOMEONE SAYS U2 ISN'T THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD" thread.

I swear, any time someone says something remotely bad about U2, or even if they just say that they think of themselves better than U2 (a la Coldplay), everyone here gets up in arms about it. I mean, settle down, people. Yeesh.

Especially this time. I mean, it's the dude from Oasis. Come on. When isn't this guy slagging off other artists to get media attention? And you know why he does it? He does it because people like a lot of the ones on these boards get completely riled up because of it, which gets Oasis that much more press (you know what they say - there's no such thing as bad press!).

So, in summation, settle down little U2 fans. It's all going to be okay. :wink:

AMEN!

the tourist said:

On the new dvd that came on the flip side of the new album, during the documentary of the making of the album, their producer (David Sardy, methinks?), mentions trying to get to the recording studio before the band and how he never does. And that one day he made a major attempt to be the first one to the studio, only to find Liam there strumming a guitar. Ahem.

Liam is a borderline retard. His brother is a borderline genius.

What's funny is that their new album is being hailed as some kind of huge comeback, which really it isn't. It just isn't a steaming pile of buffalo feces like the last couple albums. It's not like this new one is anywhere near the first two, which were good but derivative anyway.

I think Blur proved a long time ago they were the better band, if not the more popular one. They weren't satisfied aping Britians past rock glories, and could write pop as well as deeper material. They lost their lead guitarist and still put out a great record (Think Tank) and their lead singer's side project Gorillaz is doing some great stuff.

Oasis need to fade back to irrelevancy again. They're a fucking quiz show answer, not the saviors of rock and roll they claimed to be. There's actually good, inventive music out there, and as for the cheap thrills, there's a lot of younger bands that are doing it better. I'll take The Killers over these fuckwads any day of the week. The reason people love to bash Oasis is because they have big mouths and moderate talent which has been in short supply for a long time.

Go buy New Order instead; real veterans that also drink a lot, still make good music, and aren't assholes.

laz

OASIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOO OVER AND HAS BEEN FOR NEARLY A DECADE. they are just trying to make some hype why they should even exist anymore, THEY ARE EVEN MORE OVER THAN R.E.M.. AND I LIKE REM. and i used to love oasis, but quit making that boring rubbish boys

For the record, I would rather listen to any Oasis album than All That You Can't Leave Behind. Any day.

the tourist said:
For the record, I would rather listen to any Oasis album than All That You Can't Leave Behind. Any day.

I'm not a big Oasis fan either but I second that as well! :up:

lazarus said:
What's funny is that their new album is being hailed as some kind of huge comeback, which really it isn't. It just isn't a steaming pile of buffalo feces like the last couple albums. It's not like this new one is anywhere near the first two, which were good but derivative anyway.

I think Blur proved a long time ago they were the better band, if not the more popular one. They weren't satisfied aping Britians past rock glories, and could write pop as well as deeper material. They lost their lead guitarist and still put out a great record (Think Tank) and their lead singer's side project Gorillaz is doing some great stuff.

Oasis need to fade back to irrelevancy again. They're a fucking quiz show answer, not the saviors of rock and roll they claimed to be. There's actually good, inventive music out there, and as for the cheap thrills, there's a lot of younger bands that are doing it better. I'll take The Killers over these fuckwads any day of the week. The reason people love to bash Oasis is because they have big mouths and moderate talent which has been in short supply for a long time.

Go buy New Order instead; real veterans that also drink a lot, still make good music, and aren't assholes.

laz

Idiotic... the new album isn't as good as the first two, but its definitely a great piece of work and easily one of the better 2005 releases..

Please think before trotting out well-worn cliches next time;)

Last edited:
ive always hated oasis esp liam. Everytime i see him on tv or wherevere i get this feeling that he thinks he is all that and that no one is better then him. I think the whole band thinks they are absolute geniuses and that no rock band is better. Didn't they compare themselves to the beatles at one point? anyways i also think they are beatle wannabes but ofcourse don't even come close to being at the same level as the beatles. And just in case some people didn't know U2 will and always has kicked Oasis ass any time. Even "grace" which is the only u2 song i hate is 1000 times better then any shit oasis put out. But then again this is my opinion.

I hate liam and even before all the U2 bashing i've always hated him and his arrogant ways!

You're called "dabiggestu2fan"..I think it'll be easy enough to disregard any inane babblings you come out with..;)

If you like Oasis so much (and by the looks of your last two posts here you do) why don't you go to their boards and explain what a GOD Liam is cos you seem to be defending them like there is no tomorow. Naturaly this is a U2 board and your ganna see people who get mad at people who diss their favorite band. I actualy don't care if Liam disses U2 i actualy find it funny that a guy with no talent and with such a mouth can have the nerve to diss bands like U2. My hatred does not come from them dissing U2 as you failed to read in my post! My hatred was before them and so thus i am intitled to my opinion even if i am named "dabiggestU2fan". Plus just because i am named da biggestu2fan it doesnt mean that all i say has to be thrown in the garbage.

From your last two posts it seems your in love with liam and Oasis so you should go to their message boards instead!:wink:

Sleep Over Jack said:
You're called "dabiggestu2fan"..I think it'll be easy enough to disregard any inane babblings you come out with..;)

When I read that post, I thought the exact same thing.

dabiggestu2fan said:
If you like Oasis so much (and by the looks of your last two posts here you do) why don't you go to their boards and explain what a GOD Liam is cos you seem to be defending them like there is no tomorow. Naturaly this is a U2 board and your ganna see people who get mad at people who diss their favorite band. I actualy don't care if Liam disses U2 i actualy find it funny that a guy with no talent and with such a mouth can have the nerve to diss bands like U2. My hatred does not come from them dissing U2 as you failed to read in my post! My hatred was before them and so thus i am intitled to my opinion even if i am named "dabiggestU2fan". Plus just because i am named da biggestu2fan it doesnt mean that all i say has to be thrown in the garbage.

From your last two posts it seems your in love with liam and Oasis so you should go to their message boards instead!:wink:

word up homie

dabiggestu2fan said:

You must just hate all those Popmart stories of Bono and Liam "pissed in a pub" singing together after the show....

At no point did I bash U2, in fact I highlighted that this was a U2 board so some reliation was expected.. however this doesn't explain your terrible posts..

dabiggestu2fan said:
Even "grace" which is the only u2 song i hate is 1000 times better then any shit oasis put out. But then again this is my opinion.

Have you heard Champagne Supernova? :mad:

Ah, this bollocks is frustrating me. I'm going to bed.

HE'S LIAM GALLAGHER.

THIS IS WHAT HE DOES.

I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE STILL GET WORKED UP OVER HIM.

It's like when people get on U2's case for being too earnest. THEY'RE FUCKING U2, THAT'S WHY, YOU IDIOTS.
MrBrau1 said:
I don't think Liam actually likes music, or listens to music. I think he likes beer. And tits. And that's it.
Rock and roll was always more about sex and drugs than rock and roll.

Last edited:
coemgen said:
He knows they finally put out another decent album so he's going to take the ego up a notch.

So how about let the music do the talking and stop bad-mouthing other bands any time you've got a new album out?

Many UK bands do that.

Back
Top Bottom