I'VE SOLVED IT!!! (Miss You Sugar)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
maybe this was reported earlier, but read the lyrics to Spanish Eyes. most acknowledge the song is about Ali, and in it he refers to her as Sugar.

Roland of Gilead said:
Sorry, it was established some time ago that "Sugar" was a nickname for his father.

I doubt it, I do not see "Sugar" being used as a term of endearment for your Da, logically Bono during his work and activities outside of the band he would miss Ali, therefore this is sorted:wink:

Roland of Gilead said:
Sorry, it was established some time ago that "Sugar" was a nickname for his father.

I thought it was an endearment his mother used to call his father? That's what I remember reading...although I can't recall the actual source right now.

ZeroDude said:

Yea and REM wrote Man On The Moon about me too:wink:

EVERYBODY knows that this is simply not true. That song was also about me. As was one by the Stone Roses.

MsMofoGone said:
A description Bono has said numerous times regarding his wife ...

"And I need you ... more than you need me"

Wow I wonder what she is made of? I cannot imagine anyone not needing him to the utmost! Must be part of her "mysterious ways" that keeps him loving her so much for all these years.

sallycinnamon78 said:

EVERYBODY knows that this is simply not true. That song was also about me. As was one by the Stone Roses.

Imperative word is Man;)

BEVERLY56 said:

Must be part of her "mysterious ways" that keeps him loving her so much for all these years.

Actually, I read in Eamon Dunphy's book "Unforgettable Fire: The Definitive Biography of U2" ... how his wife (in the early years) looked after him ... guiding him through the real world of food, house-keys, money, clothes, and things he hadn't a clue about.
So, I can understand why Bono still feels "a need" for her after all this time ... :wink:

ZeroDude said:

Yea and REM wrote Man On The Moon about me too:wink:

Haha, yea, if you happen to be andy kaufman (which I believe, is impossible, due to him having passed away) then sure, i believe ya. :D

ZeroDude said:

Imperative word is Man;)

Ach, well, that's my little secret, you see!

Cooper2000 said:

Haha, yea, if you happen to be andy kaufman (which I believe, is impossible, due to him having passed away) then sure, i believe ya. :D

Now you're being silly. Everyone knows that Kaufman is alive and well, sharing a penthouse apartment with Elvis, Shergar, Jim Morrison, and Lord Lucan in Clapham, England.

Last edited:
there's a radio interview floating around somewhere and he says to the guy if you want to play a song for Ali (who was there waiting for the interview to end) play Spanish Eyes because I wrote it about her.

Something of that sort, not direct quote.

MsMofoGone said:

Actually, I read in Eamon Dunphy's book "Unforgettable Fire: The Definitive Biography of U2" ... how his wife (in the early years) looked after him ... guiding him through the real world of food, house-keys, money, clothes, and things he hadn't a clue about.
So, I can understand why Bono still feels "a need" for her after all this time ... :wink:

Actually, I'm not entirely sure Bono still has any ideas about clothes now. Especially when he tries to dress formally! :wink:

sallycinnamon78 said:

Ach, well, that's my little secret, you see!

Now you're being silly. Everyone knows that Kaufman is alive and well, sharing a penthouse apartment with Elvis, Shergar, Jim Morrison, and Lord Lucan in Clapham, England.

I took Shergar out for a run yesterday:wink: Although Presley demanded he wear a jumpsuit specially fitted for a larger creature:wink:

Back
Top Bottom