Is it like this with other bands??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess that within the few thousand of the fan community, it is like this. Yes. An example some here have used was the leak of Radiohead's Hail To The Thief.

Yes within the fan community, of course. But it seems like the media is jumping on the wagon also. Especially with the stolen cd and the very fact that U2 are releasing a new Album. The name Vertigo is practically the official name for the album. Even though it's not been confirmed.

ElectricalVoice said:
The name Vertigo is practically the official name for the album. Even though it's not been confirmed.

Vertigo is not the name of the album. It has been widely reported that the name of the album is "an idea" - which gives credence to reports that the album title will be something to the effect of "How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb."

As for other bands and new albums - I would have to agree with the others who say that within each band's respective fan communities buzz is huge. U2 gets more coverage because they are one of the most widely known (obviously) bands in the world. The buzz will grow larger providing the first single, "Vertigo" is well received.

Yes, HelloAngel ... that is what i'm saying ... "Vertigo" is PRACTICALLY the official name for the album - according to the media. What I mean is that they throw themselfes over all the rumours floating around.

ElectricalVoice said:
Yes within the fan community, of course.

Definitely.

We all go crazy at the Ryan Adams board about new material and stuff...and when RNR got leaked early...oh, hell!

Back
Top Bottom