Irish Independent NLOTH track by track preview / All Other Reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw that, too. The Google blurb says the following:

IT'S A BEAUITUFL PLAY: A mix of very long and very different songs ...
Herald.ie, Ireland - 5 hours ago
I have listened to U2's new album No Line on the Horizon about 20 times at this stage and, I have to say, it's going to be huge. Theirs will be the biggest ...

I would like to see some non-Irish reports to be honest... I always have a feeling Ireland is in love with U2 :love: I wish the rest were :drool:

Yeah, I hope they don't get rid of the funky ocean wave backing track and the sounds of people talking over the music. Those bits are key.

:D

yeah, it makes the song that much more evocative...if they could only add some seagulls squawking...it would make it all the more complete. :hmm:

Where's the thread about the Irish Times? I guess they won't be gushing so much about the new album. :wink:

But why could the Herald guy listen to it 20 times? :ohmy:

Or is he only exaggerating?

Why is this so bad for you?

I didn't like that line either, for some reason. Maybe I've just been rendered cynical by living in America and being bombarded with advertisements every day of my life, but "every generation has a chance to change the world" sort of sounds like a happy-go-lucky Pepsi jingle to me. I prefer when Bono writes like a poet -- with specific images -- instead of like a politician, with broad, sweeping, vague rhetoric.

But hey, I haven't even heard the song yet... for all I know it might work brilliantly. :wink:

I always picture a table of old Irish men sitting in a pub going off on how U2 hasn't been U2 since Boy. :)

2 'Magnificent'

Dancey electro flourishes introduce an atmospheric track with moody leanings.

10 'Breathe'

Starts off with a trip-hop beat and cello playing before transforming into an all-out rocker.

How amazing would it be if they opened the Grammys with one of these puppies live. :drool: :drool: :drool:

I would like to see some non-Irish reports to be honest... I always have a feeling Ireland is in love with U2 :love: I wish the rest were :drool:
I think North American publications like Rolling Stone and TV VJs are much worse. They're so star-struck when it comes to U2 that they can't help but kiss butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom