INTERFERENCE's Top 100 U2 Songs - RESULTS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, unless I lost my depth perception during that particular epiphany, there are two albums next to #3. Guess I picked the wrong one. :uhoh:

But going to the left really only takes me into a strange blue image representing you on the internet. What you are suggesting is that i go up then hitch over to the right...not exactly NEXT to the 3 now is it? :tsk:

But going to the left really only takes you into a strange blue image representing you on the internet. What you are suggesting is that i go up then hitch over to the right...not exactly NEXT to the 3 now is it? :tsk:

If there's a line of people, do you say "the one next to the guy in the middle somewhere"? No. You say "Pop sucks, jerkface".

You learn a lot when you spend your days in the darkness of space, trying to take a slice of the moon.

I once tried to take a piece of the moon, but it turned out to be made of spare ribs...and I'm really not a fan so I ended up simply turning back. But you don't want to hear my story.

I once tried to take a piece of the moon, but it turned out to be made of spare ribs...and I'm really not a fan so I ended up simply turning back. But you don't want to hear my story.

There are spare ribs in outer space?

So McGuinne$$ is having Edge fetch his lunch for him now?

Here's below the Top 100 :doh:

134. Be There 95 points, 1 votes
160. Doctor, Doctor 50 points, 1 votes
162. Take You Down 45 points, 1 votes
163. One Minute Warning 45 points, 1 votes
164. Heaven & Hell 45 points, 1 votes
168. United Colours 40 points, 1 votes
174. Lost On A Silent Planet 35 points, 1 votes
180. Race Against Time 20 points, 1 votes
181. Party Girl 20 points, 1 votes
187. 4th of July 20 points, 1 votes

:up:

148 Beach Sequence 70 points, 2 votes

But:

#12 Album: Passengers - Original Soundtrack 2,210 points

#41 Miss Sarajevo 980 points, 24 votes
#52 Your Blue Room 705 points, 17 votes
#93 Slug 290 points, 7 votes
#114 Always Forever Now 150 points, 5 votes
#163 One Minute Warning 45 points, 1 votes
#168 United Colours 40 points, 1 votes

Wonder what album Beach Sequence is on, then? :hmm:

Going back and looking at the original votes, it looks like the votes for Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own were not counted. Or, did I miss it on the list?

HTDAAB 10th, now that is hilarious.

Shall we revisit the arguments about after the newness would wear off, what people would think of that album?

The last time we had a big poll like this (maybe 2005) it placed 4th.

And over the last 8 years, we've had maybe a half dozen of these things.
Streets has won every one of them.
I can't speak to the 'survivor' games, I rarely participate in them.

This sample size is too small to get statistically excited over, even if it is a good bit of fun.

Plus, it asks people for their favourite songs which doesn't necessarily represent the best albums.

But:
Wonder what album Beach Sequence is on, then? :hmm:

Ah don't bother Ax, he doesn't seem to want to correct things he messed up. Have I mentioned that First Time and The First Time are the same song? Oh I have? Nevermind.

There are spare ribs in outer space?

So McGuinne$$ is having Edge fetch his lunch for him now?

:shh: don't say it too loudly or everyone will know the REAL reason for the album delay

The albums with more songs had the edge on this one. You should really divide the total points by the amount of songs on the album to truly figure out which album is liked the most. :whistle:

This sample size is too small to get statistically excited over, even if it is a good bit of fun.

Plus, it asks people for their favourite songs which doesn't necessarily represent the best albums.

The point was about how the newness would inevitably wear off.
And the conversations about that.

Sure, it's a statistically small sample but considering U2 haven't had an album in 4 years, the fans around this place don't necessarily represent the 'casual fan' and furthermore to take time and bother to make a list and submit it, is not the same thing as taking random polls of merely 50 Interference users.

So, the top 10 is no great surprise to anyone.
And the fact that the album in the most recent psyche of ALL these fans is the 2nd least represented says something.

Which was my only point, really. It didn't age well and it wasn't going to.
Although 3 years ago this was "the 3rd masterpiece" and people like me were called "bashers" for not swallowing the pill of this remarkably average album.

HTDAAB 10th, now that is hilarious.

Not a surprise on this forum, really. Bomb did better on the substantially bigger poll on atu2.com - and the "rank the albums" polls here.

What's funny is War placed so low and Pop placed so high.

I agree. Best songs don't make best album, even if JT and AB would come out on top anyways.

It would be fun to see how people's list change now that we've seen the results. Would you change your list to influence the result? I would ;)

Back
Top Bottom