I'm really interested in something...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
OK, in light of this ATYCLB bashing threads that some people really can't stand. Here's something that interests me very much:
Every fan who loves ATYCLB more than Achtung, please write here why do you like it more. Your reasons. Fans who love Achtung more(majority, I hope:wink: ) aren't needed. Thanks a lot!

Ha, I doubt you'll get anyone.

UF runs rings around AB and ATYCLB combined.

Well, if I was comparing AB to ATYCLB on the strength of individual songs, including both live and studio versions, then AB would definitely win hands down. But I much prefer ATYCLB as a whole album - the stretch from Beautiful Day to Wild Honey is probably my favourite run on any U2 recording except UF, and while the rest of the songs aren't quite in the same league I enjoy them too.

Whereas with AB, I find myself skipping over half of the songs, either because they bore me (Zoo Station, So Cruel, Trying to Throw Your Arms, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses), or because I just much prefer live versions (One, Until the End of the World).

I agree with just about everything Saracene wrote
add Even better ... to the songs that boe me list though

to me the greatness of Achtung Baby is more the greatness of Zoo TV in a weird way

simple.. actung baby is a rock&roll album! its got cool all over it and bono sounds great and edge is playing rock guitar!

ATYCLB....... well i should not say anything about it, people will get mad. :mad:

I like them about the same b/c half of the songs on AB I love, the other half I hate, while pretty much all of the songs on ATYCLB I like or like a lot. I also like Bono's voice better on ATYCLB. Sure, it's almost shot, but technically he's singing WAY better now and on ATYCLB than anything pre-Pop.

Think it's a personal thing about some songs:
Example: I didn't like So Cruel until I had enough misery concerning that theme...
when you "really" understand a song it gives it that extra you need to appreciate it...
You can't really feel a song if you haven't been there...and there a lot of that kind of songs on ATYCLB...
It's isn't an easy album in some kind of way but it's a great one for sure

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom