illiterate computer-user question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partygirl

The Fly
I just a cable modem service and I was all excited to see some U2 videos etc... from the u2.com site. Even though we have quicktime and mediadeck the stupid videos keep stopping. They download quickly, but they won't play very well. Any suggestions. Am I doing something wrong?

Seems like the video is trying to play before the whole thing downloads. In QuickTime or RealPlayer, there should be some sort of meter that indicates how far the download has progressed. QuickTime is always trying to play files before they're fully downloaded. Make sure the whole thing is ready before it plays.

------------------
Change is the only constant

is your computer fast enough?
can you play other video. if it's all choppy, sound and video, after being downloaded it could be any number of things: processor, memory(close anything else that's open that doesn't need to be), video card.

------------------
november 12th 1955

Originally posted by partygirl:
I just a cable modem service and I was all excited to see some U2 videos etc... from the u2.com site. Even though we have quicktime and mediadeck the stupid videos keep stopping. They download quickly, but they won't play very well. Any suggestions. Am I doing something wrong?

Welcome to the club. U2.com's videos only play if you know which spell to use. They don't work for most people. Sorry, love.

Yeah what martha said.. try downloading from somewhere else and see if its any better.

they work for me and i've done it from a few computers, pc's and mac's. a lot of their content is available via morpheus though.

whatever floats your boat really.

------------------
november 12th 1955

Back
Top Bottom