I wonder why...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
I wonder why the title of the album hasn't been released. We KNOW the name of the first single, we KNOW the release dates both for the single and the album, track titles have been leaked, why not the actual album title (officially)???

Any thoughts?

Probably because it will be called "how to dismantle an atomic bomb" and they probably don't want the general public getting any bad ideas before the album is released. For example someone could say oh you heard the new U2 album name? and tyhey say oh its named "bomb" which portreys the wrong message that u2 doesnt want. The rumor could spread and before you know it the non hardcore fans could think the album name is called bomb. Other possibilities are that with such a name they are setting themselves up for critics to say that the album bombed and suck even before the album is released so its best that the public hears the first single and get their own ideas of the album rather then get ideas from rumors that start from the album name. I think we will find out the album's title just right after Vertigo is released on radio on the 24th of september.

nico

I think it has to do with the publicity machinary, i mean it is still quite a long time until the album is due to release and the machinary is just starting. The only official info we have got from U2.com is the name of six songs, and that i think was much because of that article in Q.

I might have missed it, but i haven't read anywhere that it is official that the first single is Vertigo (although it seems likely). The single we should have more official info on soon i guess.

The release dates we know because it is probably something that needs to be decided in time, because of planning etc, and that info have come from the recordcompany, not from the U2 camp directly.

The reason why the title hasn't been released is because i believe that U2 want to go out with a pressrelease with alot of info on the new album, along with the name of it, kinda like: "this is U2s new album, it sound like this, is about this and that, and is called x". And as i said above, we still have some months to go before the album is due.

Back
Top Bottom