I saw the U2 3D trailer today!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol that sounds awesome! Cheers, I'll thnik I'll just have to find some fanatics to go with. I mean, if you are going, I spose you have to be some sort of fan. But man, that intro sounded WICKED. :drool:

YESSSSS! There's a REAL D cinema near me! South Yarra but yea...

I'm actually a HUGE DM fan as well..
I've seen them almost as many times as U2.

Saw them in '88 at the Rose Bowl.....they actually filmed that show....it's called "101"
:rockon:

perrypickwick said:

It seems that the film is going to be shown on RealD screens. RealD is a company that puts normal theaters into 3D-theaters. Right now there are more than 700 RealD 3D-theaters worldwide and at the end of the year it should be 1000 screens. It's growing all the time.

Very Sad: In Europe there are very few of these screens. In Germany only in Munich and Nürnberg - no Berlin:mad:

here you can see if a RealD cinema is near your place:

under the topic "find a theater near you":
http://www.reald.com/

Thanks for that link!

And thanks to everyone for this thread! I wasn't even cognizant of ReadD 3D-theaters (having only seen 3D movies with those horrid blue/red glasses :barf: or in IMAX :applaud: ).

Thanks to the link, I see that my local theater has 3D and will be playing the "Meet the Robinsons" in 3D this weekend! So perhaps the U2 trailer will be shown there too. If so, ultra-cool!

Now... let's see if I can go this weekend to see this flick (I actually think the "Robinsons" movie looks cute and my Lil' Bro wants to see it! :D ).

Alright, so I watched the trailer a couple more times last night after testing Meet the Robinsons 3D.

My original description of the trailer is pretty accurate, although it doesn't fade to black at the end when it has the words U2 3D, Fall 2007. At the very end before it fades out it has the words 3ality video. I believe they're the ones that shot the footage. Just before the trailer ends, Bono is standing at the end of the elipse and takes a bow to the cheering crowd.

I showed it off to my wife last night and she loved it.

@muh2o - I just do not get it. Do you work in a 3D-theater? - can you say how long the trailer exactly is? I have to see it with my own eyes. I`m just so curious because I always hated the style of the Hamilton-productions and I really hope this new movie goes more in the directions like Rattle and Hum with more calmer shots, no camera-shaking or crazy zooming and not these stupid close-ups from Hands all the time (I just hate Hamilton :mad: )
So I'm really curious...:drool: :drool:

- and by the way: you're right "3ality" has produced the movie.

http://www.3ality.com/

^^^^^^^With it being a 3D movie I think we'll get more stable/sustained camera shots to get more of the effect. I would shocked if it was shot like Hamilton. People would be totally dizzy and puking after watching a concert on a huge screen.

COBL in 3D is gonna be epic. Could pass Lord of The Rings battle scenes as the most epic part of a movie :wink:

perrypickwick said:
@muh2o - I just do not get it. Do you work in a 3D-theater? - can you say how long the trailer exactly is?

I work in a movie theater that has one digital projector. We happen to be 3D capable.

I'll have to get back to you as to the exact length, but it's probably in the one and a half minutes range.

Remember, it's a trailer, not a video. Think of any other trailer you've seen in a movie theater. Lots of quick shots, quick pace, etc. It's the same in this trailer. You don't have time to get a sense of how they chose to shoot it.

I agree with you though. I get "car sick" watching some of those DVDs.

Heh, there's a theater like three minutes driving from my house. :drool: Opening night, baby!

For some reason I am not able to look at this site, it tells me I need a certain Flashplayer (Maybe because I shouldn't be doing this at work?????) Can someone look and see if there's a theater anywhere in Cleveland... or at least in the general area? (Pittsburgh, etc)

BEVERLY56 said:
For some reason I am not able to look at this site, it tells me I need a certain Flashplayer (Maybe because I shouldn't be doing this at work?????) Can someone look and see if there's a theater anywhere in Cleveland... or at least in the general area? (Pittsburgh, etc)
This should help:

ohiodi3.gif

:)

Well I went tonight. I brought a kodak camera to record the trailer. Yet it was not shown. :( The movie was ok though.

Justin24 said:
Well I went tonight. I brought a kodak camera to record the trailer. Yet it was not shown. :( The movie was ok though.

that's dissapointing. I hope they show the trailer somewhere...:(

something new: the RealD Site may not haven listened all the 3D theaters (also not in america) were we could possible see the U2 3D-Movie. For germany for example there are only 2 theaters mentioned but I found out today "Meet the Robinsons 3D" will be shown here in more than 20 cities (Berlin is not included):

Germany - Meet the Robinsons 3D:

Ahaus - Cinetech screen 3
Belzig - Hofgarten screen 1
Bremen - CineSpace screen 8
Dresden - Rundkino screen 1
Dresden - Ufa Palast screen 13
Düsseldorf - UCI screen 5
Düsseldorf - UFA Palast screen 7
Emsdetten - Focus Cinemas screen
Erlangen - Manhattan screen
Hamburg - Grindel screen 1
Hof - Verein. Lichtspiele screen 3
Köln - Cinedom Black Box screen
Kronach - Filmburg Screen 1
Mönchengladbach - Comet Cine Center screen 3
München - Cinema screen
Neu-Ulm - Dietrich Theater screen
Nürnberg - Cinecitta screen 11
Rheine - CineCity screen 5
Rheine - Cinetech screen 2
Stuttgart - Metropol Theater screen 2
Walldorf - Kinocenter screen 2
Weimar - Atrium 3D

Thank you DreamOutLoud! There is one maybe 45 min. from here...lets just hope that they show it. Something to look forward to = not much since the tour ended.

I just came across this when searching for any news on the subject:

http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=1751

The film, cryptically dubbed 'U2 3D', features performances from the band's South American tour and comprises 14 or 15 songs over 80 minutes.

The article goes on to talk about how 3ality previewed Sunday Bloody Sunday in 3D at a convention in Las Vegas a few weeks ago and are hoping to release the concert by the end of 2007.

I went to see Blades Of Glory last night and the 3D Meet The Robinsons was in the theater next door. I sat through about ten Disney movie trailers- no U2 trailer. And I noticed when I was buying my ticket that they had a notice up that the MTR 3D was 2 dollars more per ticket-so I assume the U2 movie will be priced that way too.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I went to see Blades Of Glory last night and the 3D Meet The Robinsons was in the theater next door. I sat through about ten Disney movie trailers- no U2 trailer.

This is kind of what I had been thinking. The audience for U2 Vertigo is not going to be the same audience going to see Meet The Robinsons, they're going to show trailers for family-oriented films and childrens' films.

I remember the "Rattle and Hum" movie trailer came out before the main film "Planes, Trains and Automobiles". That was even kind of odd, but still makes more sense than a U2 trailer before a kids film.

Yeah I just came back from seeing Meet the Robinsons 3D and was thinking while we were waiting for the previews.. They weren't gonna show a U2 3D trailer with this audience full of kids...:crack: DOH!

MrsSpringsteen said:
I went to see Blades Of Glory last night and the 3D Meet The Robinsons was in the theater next door. I sat through about ten Disney movie trailers- no U2 trailer. And I noticed when I was buying my ticket that they had a notice up that the MTR 3D was 2 dollars more per ticket-so I assume the U2 movie will be priced that way too.

How did ya like Blades of Glory??? I wanna go see that one... It looks hilarious..:wink:

Back
Top Bottom