I like U2's songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really want to go and listen to these songs right now! It seems like I don't have time to just sit and do nothing and listen to U2 albums anymore. How did I get too busy for that? :sigh:

Running To Stand Still
This song is everything for me :heart: My favorite U2 song ever. The first U2 song I learned on piano and the first song I learned the lyrics as well, when I was 15 years old and when my inner was still untouched. One of the most beautiful songs I've ever had the fortune to hear. Running To Stand Still have made my day countless times and it's also a reason to believe that life is worth living

Please
The Sunday Bloody Sunday of the 90s. This song makes me say thanks for recovering democracy here in Chile, say thanks for being miles away of the worldwide terrorism, say thanks for being miles away of fanatism, tyranies, wars against terror, nuclear weapons, international hate, lies and greed. This song is one of the most uplifting example of U2 songwriting ever. This song makes me believe in U2 no matter what happen.

If God Will Send His Angels
I've dreamed several times about writing the lyrics by myself. Most of us have felt treated badly one time or another, and most of us have been waiting for answer that don't come, like God, no matter religion. If God Will Send His Angels, Would everything be alright?

Promenade Sometimes you want to communicate your feelings, try the other person to see your way, and you just talk bull*** and feel embarrassed. You know what are you trying to say, but the other person simply doesn't understand at all. Just seems to be random words without any sense. For those moments this song is my soundtrack

Wake Up Dead Man Extraordinary song. Jesus ... where is Jesus? What is Jesus?. What was Jesus?. I don't believe in Bible, I don't believe in pope, I don't believe in religion, but I'd like to believe that there has always been people like him. The world would be much better with people like him. Wake Up ourselves. Wake Up Dead mEn

Window In The Skies Chiming guitars, root bass notes, and AMAZING HARMONIES.
A great start that's simply a prelude to the strengths of this tune. Bass drum drives the
verse into an explosion of a chorus. And what a chorus it is. Dual falsetto. Bono & Edge
have never sounded this good together. Strings and keyboard flourishes are a nice touch.
Wide open bridge (Larry really drives the whole thing.) Edge does his best George Harrison
on the solo, and the outro pits that amazing chorus melody against a captivating counter
melody.

A perfect cousin to "Original Of The Species."

Epic pop music.

Three Sunrises I love the intro. Those plucked bass notes under those summery guitar swells.
Then Larry kicks in and that Spanish sounding guitar riff brightens things up. It's really a show off song.
Edge hacking and hewing inbetween that little Spanish riff. And those vocals. Wow, those vocals. :drool:
The whole tune, there's hardly anything to it, just these nice moments all stitched together into a
sunsoaked pop song. but it lifts me up.

Running To Stand Still The intro kills me. Those acoustic slide guitar and plucked notes.
It's so fricking delicate, right into that piano line. And that delivery by Bono. You can hear him
lick his lips. There's this chugging electic guitar that runs through the whole tune, it just
mezmerizes me. I can actually hear the walls closing it. The build into the outro is flawless,
and those 2 echoed drum hits...whoah. Was that real?

It's like a song from inside your head.

MrBrau1 said:
Running To Stand Still The intro kills me. Those acoustic slide guitar and plucked notes.
It's so fricking delicate, right into that piano line. And that delivery by Bono. You can hear him
lick his lips. There's this chugging electic guitar that runs through the whole tune, it just
mezmerizes me. I can actually hear the walls closing it. The build into the outro is flawless,
and those 2 echoed drum hits...whoah. Was that real?

It's like a song from inside your head.

or it's like Heroin.

Excellent posts... I agree, this is why I love Interference. I should do this more, myself...

Rachel D. said:
I really want to go and listen to these songs right now! It seems like I don't have time to just sit and do nothing and listen to U2 albums anymore. How did I get too busy for that? :sigh:

And this is why I love the CD player in my car... it makes the 40-minute commute an opportunity, rather than a chore. :up:

Back
Top Bottom