I just watched the Elevation video for the first time in a long time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
wow...i don't know but its been so long since I saw that video it was like seeing it for the first time again...its such a quirky fun video, no political subtext, no secret hidden meaning, and actually focuses on the rest of the band (especially edge) I love seeing the band just let lose like that and come up with such a great video!

Fun video. :yes: And it's survived all the "sellout" comments by people who've apparently forgotten the HMTMKMKM video.

Now if Evil U2 were to take the stage at a concert......:drool:

Utoo said:
Fun video. :yes: And it's survived all the "sellout" comments by people who've apparently forgotten the HMTMKMKM video.

Now if Evil U2 were to take the stage at a concert......:drool:

What about Gangs of New York?

Ummmmm ... this is the worst U2 video ever.

Does anybody remember the MTV "Making The Video" special on it? The band had a look of confusion/horror during the entire shoot with director Joseph Kahn sputtering out stupidity as Bono and the boys traded smirks.

The final product explains why they were behaving in such a manner. Stupid and disjointed premise with Edge being awkwardly superimposed into canned "Tombraider" scenes with Angelina Jolie while an entirely unrelated secondary premise of "Good U2" and "Evil U2" stumbles along hopelessly. Add some stupid shit with Adam driving a cab and Larry wearing a stupid motorcycle helmet, and throw in some zoo animals and we had a pile of epic crap on our hands.

The part in the middle eight when Bono sings around the exploding wreckage is vaguely awesome though. Whatevs.

Considering Larry's loves motorcycles, I'm sure he had blast making the video. The Boys are used to the bs that comes with making a video. I'll admit, I thought the video was a little dopey, but it looked like they probably had a good laugh after it was done.

Back
Top Bottom