I haven't listened to U2 in a while

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
but today's the day where I'm probably going to listen to them all day.

Thank you amazing MLK -> Streets transition.

Homecoming's one of those songs I listen to regardless, it's fucking great.

A Sort of Homecoming is a mainstay on my ever-evolving list of top 5 U2 songs. :up:

I'm not to the point yet where I want to crank up U2 again. But soon, I'm sure.

It's been about 6 months to a year for me, pretty crazy territory.

I still hear plenty of U2 because I usually listen to iTunes on shuffle, and U2 makes up a pretty high percentage of my music.

But I haven't made much of an extra effort to listen to them for a year or so.

Too much other awesome music going on right now!

I have gone for sometime also when I haven't listened, but it never lasts for long. But when I do listen again it's totally amazing and awe inspiring! Enjoy your day listening to them again.

Nice to know that there are others out there who are taking a break from them as well.

I'm enjoying discovering/ obsessing over other bands who are up and coming right now. But it is hard to get away for long with the new DVD and U2 3D coming out...

I'd barely touched U2 for months upon months, and then that custom Best Of 1980-90 thread inspired me to make a little mix on iTunes. Holy fucking shit, A Sort Of Homecoming and Heartland are incredible. I'd forgotten how good this band sometimes could be. Heartland still leaves me speechless. I wish I could find the epic Heartland appreciation thread.

Originally posted by Axver

The two I linked to in the second post, yes. Those were good times. Cheers. :up:

Exactly right there, Axver. You know, you don't have to sell me on :heart:land ... I love that song too. :D

And, I remember that U2 Name Game too. :wink:

BTW ... what happened to Red Rocks Edge ?? (It's been quite some time since Vertigo ended in NZ) :hmm:

Please don't tell me it will never ever surface under your name again. That would be disappointing. :sad:

:wink: :drool: I have been just the opposite...all i listen to usally, is U2! When I am not listening to U2........Praise&Worship!! I don't seem to have much of an appetite for new music of today. or other bands. Though I have listened to other bands music in the past, right now I just care for U2 music! U2 are the Best!!:yes: :up:

I'm not listening to them, too, since a long time by now, probably more than a year. I'm getting into other music, but I know the day will come that my cd player will play U2 on heavy rotation!
Just need that little "snap"!

I remember a few years ago all I would listen to was U2 and it's a little unsettling to think about now. Sure they're my favorite band, but there's so much more out there to listen to, you know?

MsMofoGone said:
BTW ... what happened to Red Rocks Edge ?? (It's been quite some time since Vertigo ended in NZ) :hmm:

Please don't tell me it will never ever surface under your name again. That would be disappointing. :sad:

I was meaning to bring Red Rocks Edge back, but I've kind of got used to this avatar and it's appropriate at the moment due to the Rugby World Cup.

I might make a change after the Cup though.

Originally posted by Axver

I was meaning to bring Red Rocks Edge back, but I've kind of got used to this avatar and it's appropriate at the moment due to the Rugby World Cup.

I might make a change after the Cup though.

I'll be looking forward to it ... if you do. :bow:

For now, I'll think of it as a 'future promise' ... possibly guaranteed !! :pray:

I haven't been listening to U2, either, or anything else. It just seems like it takes too much time to listen to music right now. I guess I'm feeling a little stressed and overwhelmed about school. But I did listen to a couple of Beatles albums a few weeks ago while I was at work. Rubber Soul is really good (but all of you probably already knew that!).

I don't quite see how listening to U2 keeps you from listening to other bands.

:scratch:

I listen to a lot of stuff AND U2.

But then, I don't need much sleep.

It's quite interesting for me because I bought my iPod at Christmas right, and my playlist in wmp, which was where all music was played pre-ipod, shows about 26 U2 songs in my top 30. It's now mid-September, and my top 25 on itunes has just two U2 songs. Since new years I've been really into David Bowie, Pink Floyd and The Beatles.

last unicorn said:
I don't quite see how listening to U2 keeps you from listening to other bands.

:scratch:

I listen to a lot of stuff AND U2.

But then, I don't need much sleep.

Yeah, yours is another phase. It happens when you have overlistened the same band, on and on, then it comes the moment when a friend pops you in a cd from someone you never knew, you like it, and there it happens! You leave your fav band for a while, then you start listen to them again, together with other bands. Once, you've listened just U2, Then, you don't listen anymore U2, Then again, you listen to other band and to U2 again.................

LemonMacPhisto said:
It's been about 6 months to a year for me, pretty crazy territory.

you mean...its been that long since you've listened to even a single U2 song?? :shocked: that's nuts. I dunno if I've ever gone more than like a week :lol: but thats partially because I listen to my iTunes on shuffle a lot and I have so much U2 on there, they're bound to show up :wink:

I haven't been on a U2 kick in awhile I suppose, been listening to a lot of different stuff. but a couple days I listened to some U2 to help me relax. New Year's Day and Drowning Man are incredibly soothing, and I decided I really like the drums on Drowning Man :up:

U2 will always be my favourite band no matter how much other awesome shit I listen to

I've been hooked on The Clash, lately. Haven't listened to U2 in a while. Sandinista is fucking gold.

Back
Top Bottom