I got on "Boots" this morning! (Single review)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Remarkable. No other band can provoke this kind of anxiety, enthusiasm, vitriol, joy, ire, confusion, and complete gasping for air, falling on your face, wetting yourself, doing a little jig on the inside, booty shaking, head scratching, giggling nervous excitement like U2. I am glad to be among this collection of fans!:wave:

Maybe some bizarre car crash between Bomb and Pop if Pop had a producer who was actually cut out for the job? (cue can of worms)

I don't think it fits in nicely with any album. Maybe if U2 had a song on the soundtrack of Wanted that was playing during the train crash scene? Howabout that? I'm really starting to run out of descriptive language here, guys and girls!

We know Larry is great on the track, but how about Adam, Edge, Bono?

Maybe some bizarre car crash between Bomb and Pop if Pop had a producer who was actually cut out for the job? (cue can of worms)

I don't think it fits in nicely with any album. Maybe if U2 had a song on the soundtrack of Wanted that was playing during the train crash scene? Howabout that? I'm really starting to run out of descriptive language here, guys and girls!

Your original review and the follow-up info has been awesome and is super-vivid. Mad props for posting! :up:

Remarkable. No other band can provoke this kind of anxiety, enthusiasm, vitriol, joy, ire, confusion, and complete gasping for air, falling on your face, wetting yourself, doing a little jig on the inside, booty shaking, head scratching, giggling nervous excitement like U2. I am glad to be among this collection of fans!:wave:

QFT :heart:

The lyrics struck me as less forced than the last couple albums. More conversational and a little impressionistic at times. I didn't hear any reference to "kneeling" or "soul" that jumped out at me, so that should relieve a lot of you!

did the rep say if the single will be the exact length and mix as the album version?

Speaking of which....... Last time, you got your hands on a cassette (not a cd, right?) of the whole album + Mercy.

This time, did you get to hear anything other than the single? Or did the disc just have the single on it?

Yeah, although that Mercy thing was totally unrelated to my job. That was some crazy messed up friend of a friend type stuff and I had no idea that Mercy was as rare as it was at the time. Some people win the lotto. Some people get an advance cassette of HTDAAB out of playing order with Mercy on it. I still don't know how all of that went down! When I saw here on the forums years later that I was kinda "the source" of all that, no one was more surprised than me.

And yes, they only brought in "Boots" today. Nothing else was on the CDR. There were no other songs.

Hey Skott

Thanks for the review mate. Question - Did you like the song? Do you think that it is a grower? I know you have only heard it twice but what would you give it out of 10?

cheers :up:

I was judging the Tripod image thing. Eh, the new image looked alright, don't know if it would work as an album cover.

Are you kidding? I think it looks beautiful, artsy and probably perfectly conveys what's contained in the album. Just speculation but I'm fantasizing about a messy and interesting album cover like Achtung Baby right now! :drool: lol. Here it is again:

526766814_9dc5957dd0.jpg

Wow, all these tidbits are making me hungrier and hungrier. Great review!

Hey Skott - thanks for sharing your views.

This is getting F:censored:ing unbelievable, what a great beginning to the year of U2!:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Bono's voice was in good form but it didn't strike me as a super challenging song to sing, which is fine. It's not like the bridge in "Kite" or "Bad" or that huge note he holds in "Native Son" or anything like that. It's solid and it suits the feel of the song.

For some reason this review has gotten me way more excited than anything else... Congrats, Skott :D

Bono's voice was in good form but it didn't strike me as a super challenging song to sing, which is fine. It's not like the bridge in "Kite" or "Bad" or that huge note he holds in "Native Son" or anything like that. It's solid and it suits the feel of the song.

Good enough for me. :up:

Thanks a million Skott.

Are you kidding? I think it looks beautiful, artsy and probably perfectly conveys what's contained in the album. Just speculation but I'm fantasizing about a messy and interesting album cover like Achtung Baby right now! :drool: lol. Here it is again:

526766814_9dc5957dd0.jpg

Dunno about the cover although its a beautiful pic! I'm thinking more the inside of the Gatefold Vinyl... Now that would rock!!! Imagine an arty, minimalist cover then opening it up to this riot of colour and life....

Oh and Skott - I hope you are down as one of interferences reviewers for the album when it comes out... I like your writing - very evocative and you obviously know exactly what you are talking about....
Thanks for sharing!

Dunno about the cover although its a beautiful pic! I'm thinking more the inside of the Gatefold Vinyl... Now that would rock!!! Imagine an arty, minimalist cover then opening it up to this riot of colour and life....

Well I do notice the very conspicuous electronic drum kit in that shot! Which fits in well with Adam's remarks in Q and the electronic drums and loops I heard in the mix this morning.

526766814_9dc5957dd0.jpg

NO Larry on the Horizon? :wink:

Brilliant! :up: The pic looks like it was made for the gatefold of the CD liner!

One can dream. :drool: :wink:

You heard it twice but can't remember any lines... sounds like someone looking for attention to me

Back
Top Bottom