I broke down and finally bought October! Rate this album.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate the album October!

• 10 - U2's forgotten masterpiece, eat your heart out Joshua Tree

Votes: 9 13.8%

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 8 - A solid album, it's under respected

Votes: 21 32.3%

Votes: 14 21.5%

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • 5 - Not a great album, but certainly not an embarrassment

Votes: 6 9.2%

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • 3 - I don't like it, but it's still a U2 album!

Votes: 3 4.6%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 - Shit in a toliet, this album sucks!

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

madonna's child

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Yes, I finally did it. I bought October. I wasn't holding off cause I didn't like the album, it was just never high on my to buy list. But I found it used today and I was like, well what the hell. I'm still listening to it. I haven't found any hidden jems yet, but it's a pretty decent album, I can defintly see the growth of the band from Boy.

So, how do you rate this rarely talked about album?

I gave it a 5. Most definately my worst U2 album, but by no means a bad one! It's just that I seem to tire of the record more easily than all their other albums :shifty:

:ferret:

I gave it a 7. It's probably my least favorite U2 album, but it is something definitely worth experiencing.

5 , cause although , it is quite good , but it's just plain boring at times and pathetic , thank god for NYD , or U2 could've been one of those one hit wonders from the 80's with i will follow .

Yes, I'm the loony who voted ten. Nothing can beat pre-JT stuff. Anything with Gloria, Fire, Tomorrow, October, and Scarlet on it has to be worth a ten.

I gave it a 7. I admit I never bought it until 2001 when I got on my latest U2 kick. When I became a fan in 1983 and bought War (I was 13) I never even knew Boy and October existed :reject: I had never heard them or seen them in a store, and we didn't have MTV at the time. It was years before I found out about them, it's a disgrace for a long time fan I know, but I did finally get them. October is okay, something I don't really listen to but not my least favorite U2 album. It's okay, but it was lucky they were able to hang on and put out War or their career might have stalled there and what a shame that would have been. Thanks to The Netherlands (as Salome told us) for loving this album so much. The Dutch may have saved it, and U2's future;) But I don't mean to sound like I'm putting it down. It is a good album to me.

I gave it a ten, because it's certainly one of their best...anybody who says it's not that good or follows unflattering advice by not buying it is an IDIOT! The songs are absolutley fantastic and a superb follow up to Boy. I cannot find any faults in the album. Pure Gold!

So there.

I just treated myself and bought October this past Friday. No particular reason why I haven't before, just bought other U2 stuff. Haven't received it yet, now I'm really anxious to get it.
*off to check with amazon*

i gave it a 10, im finding it hard to rank the u2 albums but it's definately in my current top 3.

Gloria, is on it too, meaning it could never be the worst album.

I love the Track "Is that all". Great tune with lots of energy indicative of early punk rock (Splendid drums and hard driving guitar).

I gave it an 8- I really like this album, although it did take me quite awhile to get into it beyond just liking Gloria and Tomorrow, however now both Rejoice and Is that all, are some of my fave U2 songs. Its a great album and IMHO its only failing is the daggy cover, it is without a doubt the worst cover!!!!!!! I have said this before, but I think that if it had a better cover than more people would be inclined to listen, I know you shouldnt 'judge a book by the way it looks!!!' but I do think that it puts people off and I think that by not having any songs from October on the best off, is actually a bit of an insult to those fans who really love this album and why on earth they wouldn't put Gloria on it, is still beyond me:huh:

an 8
the first half has some of the most interesting stuff U2 has ever released on it

the second half is not up to that standard IMO
even though Scarlet is gorgeous

I'm crazy or something
I gave it a 10, it's really a forgotten excellent album, in my favorite U2 albums rank is 3

i gave it an 8. the only thing it's got going against it are some of the lyrics at times, but that wasn't bono's fault as his lyrics were stolen. i've always been surprised that in all the years of ebay and such that they've never surfaced at all! (i mean, clearly those groupies stole it on purpose, you'd think they would've held onto them and tried to auction them off at some point.)

I would never call it my favourite U2 album, but it has some very good songs, along with a few forgettable ones...7/8 ot of 10

I'd give it an 8. It is my least favorite, but I like it more every time I listen to it. October has just taken some time to grow on me. Vocally, though, I think it kicks *ss!

10. A flawless masterpiece. Better than Boy, Passengers, Rattle and Hum and Pop.

Back
Top Bottom