Htdaab score

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POP-ROMANCER

War Child
Here's the score from the rankings in the other thread.

1. City of blinding lights (218)

2. Original of the species (196)

3. Vertigo (188)

4. Love and peace or else (163)

5. Sometimes you can't make it on your own (159)

6. All because of you (139)

7. Miracle drug (131)

8. Crumbs from your table (111)

9. A man and a woman (101)

10. Yahweh (100)

11. One step closer (86)

So, it seems that side b on HTDAAB is not very good, except from Original of the species. Also 5 of the singles from the album end in the top 6 here!

what happened to miracle drug, that used to be ranked the #1 song :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

thezootree said:
a man and a woman beat yahweh?!?!?!

I am also SHOCKED by this. At least Yahweh is controversial. A Man and a Woman...good gracious. At least after the Vertigo tour I'd expect Yahweh to earn a little more respect despite the difference in the versions.

Also, the fact that the singles did so well shows that U2 failed to do with this album what they claimed to have done (or tried to do). I remember seeing an interview with Adam where he said that they set out to make an album where all the songs were great...and that they failed with the last album (ATYCLB) because there were only "4 great songs" (i.e. the 4 singles: BD, SYCMIOYO, Elevation, Walk On).

Chizip said:
what happened to miracle drug, that used to be ranked the #1 song :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

It is still one of my favorites from this album.

bram said:
I am also SHOCKED by this. At least Yahweh is controversial. A Man and a Woman...good gracious. At least after the Vertigo tour I'd expect Yahweh to earn a little more respect despite the difference in the versions.

Well... A Man And A Woman may sound somewhat adult contemporary but at least it is produced well, as opposed to the Yahweh album version. Now the Yahweh alternate version is better than both I think.

I love Yahweh (alt)! The guitar in the background during 'Take these blue eyes...' :drool: :drool: :drool:

Yeah, the Alt Version has a totally different "feel" to it--much more stylistic range than the simple warm and fuzzy album version.

Back
Top Bottom