How come no one is reminiscing about Las Vegas? And remember the Banner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
diamond said:
i wish i knew how to post pics:mad:

Which is Dave's way of saying..."someone post more pictures of me." :tongue:

335%3A94%3A323232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2327%3D954%3D%3B7%3B%3Dxroqdf%3E2323352%3A3%3C243ot1lsi

Here are a few of my pics....

And Elvis, I sent you a PM a few days ago about a reunion idea, you may not have had a chance to get to it yet. Basically our local U2 tribute band is playing Vegas for 3 nights around St. Patrick's Day, and I thought it might be a fun activity around a reunion.

335%3A968323232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D%3A76%3D4%3B4%3Dxroqdf%3E2323352%3A%3A%3B783ot1lsi

335%3A968323232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D%3A76%3D4%3B4%3Dxroqdf%3E2323352%3A%3A%3B787ot1lsi

335%3A968323232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D%3A76%3D4%3B4%3Dxroqdf%3E2323352%3A%3A%3B784ot1lsi

335%3A968323232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D%3A76%3D4%3B4%3Dxroqdf%3E2323352%3A%3A%3C85%3Bot1lsi

335%3A968323232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D%3A76%3D4%3B4%3Dxroqdf%3E2323352%3A%3A%3C862ot1lsi

335%3A968323232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D%3A76%3D4%3B4%3Dxroqdf%3E2323352%3A%3B3%3B84ot1lsi

Sicy said:

What!??

I have a short mpg of it on my comp but that's about it.

I've got some Vegas mpegs of a couple of songs and some clips. they are rather large though (PGR/Please/Bad/Wild Horse one is 245 MB), so I don't know how I could get it to you. PM me and I'll copy the disc for you though.

U2Lynne said:
I've got some Vegas mpegs of a couple of songs and some clips. they are rather large though (PGR/Please/Bad/Wild Horse one is 245 MB), so I don't know how I could get it to you. PM me and I'll copy the disc for you though.

Thank you for the offer, that's very generous! But I think I do have that in video. I was just freaking out because he said he had a DVD of it. :der:

hey you live like 15 minutes from me.. lol

Sicy said:
But I think I do have that in video. I was just freaking out because he said he had a DVD of it. :der:

hey you live like 15 minutes from me.. lol

Someone took the video and converted it to VCD format, perhaps that is what they meant. (Althought I do know someone who was thinking of converting it to DVD)

Yes, I noticed we live close by. I also noticed you ballroom dance.... you might know my cousin who also does - Lance Oliver? I know, it's a long shot!

U2Lynne said:
Someone took the video and converted it to VCD format, perhaps that is what they meant. (Althought I do know someone who was thinking of converting it to DVD)

It's been converted (Actually 2 versions of the video) from the original master tapes, by the filmers to DVD. There is a 3rd camera that filmed as well and there was talk of creating a 3 cam version DVD using my audio recording. (My audio is on the shorter MPEG's floating around on CDR, like the one mentioned above) Still waiting on that one, but DVD's are circulating of both angles of the full shows....

Those photos bring back a lot of memories, and while I'm compelled to start singing that Bob Hope song, "Thanks for the Memories", I won't. :sexywink:

The most vivid memory I have was when Sicy and LarryMullen'sPopAngel said something like, "Danospano isn't what we expected. He's cool, and charming, and oh....did we forget damn sexy!!!!" HAHAHAHAHHAHahahahahhaha.....uhhhhhh

I saw the DVD offered on e-bay. The guy wanted 20 bucks so I thought I would give it a shot. It is filmed from the back. I have no other DVDs to compare it with so it is difficult to grade its quality. I can tell you it is a DVD not a VCD. There is no 'Generation Loss'. I would guess it was filmed and transferred to DVD. There was no tripod used so it is sometimes a bit shaky. There are a few minutes with no picture, including when Bono said "That?s for you and Kate" :-( (Thinks the filmer hid the cam a couple of times from security) The sound quality is better than the CDR I have. I can recognize JesseU2 at the tip of the heart.

I am up for a St Patrick?s day reunion.

Danospano said:
Those photos bring back a lot of memories, and while I'm compelled to start singing that Bob Hope song, "Thanks for the Memories", I won't. :sexywink:

The most vivid memory I have was when Sicy and LarryMullen'sPopAngel said something like, "Danospano isn't what we expected. He's cool, and charming, and oh....did we forget damn sexy!!!!" HAHAHAHAHHAHahahahahhaha.....uhhhhhh
Dano-
Did we meet?:confused:

Diamond

U2Lynne said:
Yes, I noticed we live close by. I also noticed you ballroom dance.... you might know my cousin who also does - Lance Oliver? I know, it's a long shot!

From Starlite Ballroom?? Is he a teacher??

Sicy said:

From Starlite Ballroom?? Is he a teacher??

Yes, and he was teaching, but he isn't right now. I'm sure you don't know him, I was just wondering if you recognized the name. I know he enters the contests, but he has a new girlfriend and I don't think he has entered anything in a while.

U2Lynne said:
Yes, and he was teaching, but he isn't right now. I'm sure you don't know him, I was just wondering if you recognized the name. I know he enters the contests, but he has a new girlfriend and I don't think he has entered anything in a while.

That's funny you say you're sure I wouldnt know him. I practically live at that place! I know all the regulars and all the teachers. If its the Lance I know, he teaches very few private lessons and a couple group classes.. and I just danced a Salsa with him a couple weeks ago. I dont know any other Lance's there!

:D

Actually, I'm talking to my boyfriend who teaches there and he said there was another Lance that used to teach there and dance in the showcases.. that's probly him. Is his girlfriends name Nickol? In that case I dont know him but WOW small world!! :cool:

sorry for hijacking the thread :reject:

Sicy said:
Actually, I'm talking to my boyfriend who teaches there and he said there was another Lance that used to teach there and dance in the showcases.. that's probly him. Is his girlfriends name Nickol? In that case I dont know him but WOW small world!! :cool:

Yep, that's him! And yep, small world!

And, as Sicy said, sorry we carried on here..... :) Back to those great Vegas memories (I wish I had known you guys then, cuz I was there with my hubby and we had an awesome time!)

Good god he did it.

I feel like this :crack: after showing him how.

What a process.

I?d like to support Mrs. Edge?s suggestion. It?s sounds like a great idea ? U2 fans Gathering / Reunion / Vegas / Spring Break / St. Patrick?s Day / U2 tribute band Elevation ! I?ve seen Elevation perform and they were excellent. Even if I can?t make it I?d love to vicariously live through it with the folks that go !

335%3B292323232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2327%3D%3C3%3A%3D%3A58%3Dxroqdf%3E2323353%3C%3B5999ot1lsi

some Vegas lovlies..:angry:..that would only take a pic w me if I promised to leave after..:huh::mad:

from left- Like O2, me, Angel, Sicy.

Last edited:
Sicy said:
Good god he did it.

I feel like this :crack: after showing him how.

What a process.

OK i put some pics up:

carrievegas04.jpg

carrievegas07.jpg

*I think the sign here is Mrs. Edge's! I tried to get a good pic of it.

carrievegas20.jpg

:love: that's one of my favorites!

Back
Top Bottom