How brilliant is mercy?!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnytakeawalk

Refugee
Just listened to mercy for the first time the other day and MY GOODNESS this track is unreal!

After listening to bomb I kinda thought U2 had lost it a bit, but mercy has really regained my faith, particuarly in Bono's lyric writing.

How the hell was this not included on bomb while other crap like ABOY, One Step Closer and A man and a woman were?!

haha the 1st time i heard mercy ( few weeks ago) i came here and started a thread that read nealry identical to urs .....

mercy rocks....gonna end up being a classic it ever makes it to an album.....

im betting it'll be the 1st single on a new album.....hopefully :rockon:

This is the millionth thread on how great Mercy is, I'm listening to it now, it is fantastic, the lyrics are great, but I get the point. Mercy is good. Enough with the threads.

And One Step Closer, A Man and a Woman, All Because of You are not crap so don't bash them anymore.

it's not thaaaaaaaaat great. i mean compared to other bands' crap..... it's amazing. but in all seriousness, it needs some work. a nice listen though. very nice.

COBL_04 said:
And One Step Closer, A Man and a Woman, All Because of You are not crap so don't bash them anymore.

Well I think they are!

Just cause I'm a fan doesn't mean I'm not allowed to not like some of U2's songs, albums, etc.

I understand that there have been a lot of threads on mercy, but I really think the song is worthy of it. It could well be U2's best song of the 2000s

Mercy is one of the best songs U2 has ever written.

That's how brilliant.

No matter how many Mercy threads people make, I will never get tired of them :drool:

the thing that ABOY, A Man and a Woman and One Step Closer have over Mercy is that they don't sound like Echo and The Bunnymen.

Mercy is a good rock song, but it's not that great.

Last edited:
it's not surprising some people who think Miracle Drug is vintage U2, think Mercy is "raw" or "too long".

U2 have gutted their own fan base with the shit they call progressive music these days.

Typhoon says it sucks, haha god damn I have never read a worse opinion on my entire 5 years on this website, but none of that suprises me. Have fun y'all.

david said:
the thing that ABOY, A Man and a Woman and One Step Closer have over Mercy is that they don't sound like Echo and The Bunnymen.

Mercy is a good rock song, but it's not that great.

Sting, The Who and Lou Reed, get some perspective and a clue.

It's true, if Bono shit on a plate not only would a good half of you defend it to the death, a good portion of the other half would say it was the most orginal turd that ever existed.

one of my coworkers/coU2fanatics, is in love with Mercy. i think that it has great potential, don't get me wrong. i just think that is' unfinished, hence why it wasn't released......

btw. i love miracle drug, but that doesn't mean i don't have perspective, it just hit a chord with me given when it came out and what was going on with me. as i'm sure mercy does with others, and likely will with me when it's performed, and finished....

i believe in Mercy. i believe in love.

How brilliant is Mercy?

This brilliant. *stretches his arms out wide as far as possible*

Seriously, it's probably the best track to come out of the HTDAAB sessions. Hope it's an indicator of the times to come.

U2DMfan said:

Typhoon says it sucks, haha god damn I have never read a worse opinion on my entire 5 years on this website, but none of that suprises me. Have fun y'all.

I think he was kidding. I cannot picture the same person loving the Boom Chas of Discotheque and hating Mercy. :shrug:

Let's all hope they save and polishes it for the next album, and don't give it out as a 2nd track on the next single :(

Mercy Deserves to be an album song, no doubt about it...

GibsonGirl said:
I love Mercy, but I do think it's just slightly overrated here.

It's a big nugget of ethereal goodness that needs to be tightened up a bit. I can see why they dropped it, but I'm also curious to see where it could go with some editing.

Hey GG, I'm liking the new images...looks like new Popmart section?

What would you think if U2 pulled Mercy out of their top hat and added it to this leg of the tour? Hey, if we're seeing Fast Cars, anything is possible.

Zootlesque said:

I think he was kidding. I cannot picture the same person loving the Boom Chas of Discotheque and hating Mercy. :shrug:

We should conduct a poll... "If you love the Boom Cha's of Discotheque: What is your opinion on Mercy?"

Where did Mercy come from anyway? It's never been released. It's not on the "Complete U2" tracklisting for the iPod. So, where did it come from and how did we ever even get a chance to hear it? Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom