Has anyone been to a concert where 11 o clock tick tock was played ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodysunday972

War Child
I was listening to a boot that had a earpeice from may 15 2001 and considering they hadnt played it in so long it sounded great.

Anyway I was just curious if anyone has been to a show where it was played and if it varies?

I was at the Chicago show on May 15th. My friend Tim is actually the one that got it played. We met Bono (as well as Adam and Edge) earilier that day and Bono asked what we wanted to hear.

:up:

Edgette said:
I was at the Chicago show on May 15th. My friend Tim is actually the one that got it played. We met Bono (as well as Adam and Edge) earilier that day and Bono asked what we wanted to hear.

I was there too. I had never heard it before.

Thank you Edgette and Tim!

Edgette said:

Me too! I was in the front row and when the band went into the song, we were all absolutely shocked with delight. And then Out of Control followed it. What a treat indeed!!

I was at 6/19/01 in NY at MSG. That was an awesome show. Out of Control, 11 o clock, sunday bloody sunday. Fantastic!

Andy

I saw them play it on 1 August 2001 in Arnhem. First time ever I heard that song really live (not counting live records/bootlegs). :hyper:
And then they ended that concert with Out Of Control (yes, after Walk On) :faint:

thomasu2 said:

Ditto! :yes:

I'm in there somewhere with the barrier pressing into my stomach :up:

u2_2001_08_21.jpg

Taken from "U2 - 2001-08-21 London Audience (2 of 2) . m p g"

Alan

I heard it in Los Angeles in 1985, when it was regualrly the opening song on The Unforgettable Fire tour, right after the prerecorded 4th Of July ended as the guys walked onstage. As a result, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock was actually the first song I ever saw U2 play live.

Before that Chicago show, I yelled out to Bono "Shadows and Tall Trees" while he was signing autographs outside. He lifted his shades and looked at me and yelled, "That's a long memory". In my opinion, they played 11'oclock and out of control because I reminded him that we wanted to hear the old stuff. ...and I'm stickin' to it!

Back
Top Bottom