Fu** Man!!! Miracle Drug Is Amazing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can I ask a question that continues to pull this thread off topic?
Where/what is the original discription of Yahweh? I remember the discription being the greatest song U2 has written... lalala... but what was the actual discription?

don't swallow those descriptions.

I remember people saying bono and lanois (?) made a bet that stuck in a moment was the best song since WOWY

rubbish, of course, not a horrible song, but millions of light years from WOWY

so...I highly doubt Yahweh is the best u2 song ever.
partly marketing hype, no doubt!

still..I'm getting curious and exited.

I think it was Ignoreland who was the one commenting on some of the songs, Yahweh in particular. His posts have been deleted, so it's hard to remember just what exactly he said. I'm pretty sure he ventured that Xanax and Wine had butt-kicking guitars, as did Full Metal Jacket, and that Yahweh did not. However, he said it was a very moving song. From the description i got kind of a "One" vibe from the song. Speaking of songs getting dropped rather abruptly, just the other day he said Xanax and Wine was not Miracle Drug and that he really didn't know why the band dropped it bc i think it was one of his favs.

Roland of Gilead said:

Thanks for all that U2DMfan. ...I think.:hmm: (people riding around in cars with Bono playing new songs) :ohmy:

As for this story, the person that was in his car has been on this board, Hawkmoon2771, I think. He hasn't been around lately, but he is the one who said that Miracle Drug was his favorite song and requested Bono to play it , before anyone even knew of the song. Bono scanned through the disk quickly and couldn't initially find it so he played Love and Peace or Else instead, telling them that the song was "going to be on the album." It would be interesting to see if Hawkmoon has listened to the Miracle Drug clip and could give us an indication of where and how that part of the song fits into the full song.

I was just wondering if anything *specifically* was mentioned about the lyrics of Yahweh. I read someone's speculation somewhere (@u2's forum I think) about it being an instrumental (I know, igniting the whole Dalkey debate again, sorry, I'm flip flopping) as the term is one that is not supposed to be spoken. Teta040 gave a good history of the term here:
http://forum.interference.com/t95431.html
Anyway, it's just something to think and talk about.

Yes. I would like to restate that THE PEOPLE IN BONOS CAR DID NOT, I REPEAT, DID NOT HEAR MIRACLE DRUG BECAUSE BONO COULD NOT FIND IT. Instead, I believe they got to hear Love and Peace and ABOY.

Just posting this because I noticed others had posted that it was a fact that the people in Bono's car had heard Miracle Drug, when in fact they had not. BTW, isn't it strange that either the song wasn't on his cd or it wasn't prominent on the cd so Bono couldn't find it? This is one of the clues that makes Miracle Drug kind of iffy.

AHEM............Any chane one of you kind folk could send on a the Miracle Drug clip please. I've tried all over and can't find it.....:sad:

Go raibh maith agat.

AHEM............Any chane one of you kind folk could send on a the Miracle Drug clip please. I've tried all over and can't find it.....

Go raibh maith agat.:sad:

my e-mail is dubcub2001@yahoo.com CHEERS

EvolutionMonkey said:

I have just sent you the clip. :)

Wow.........Thanks man

I love it................
I'm on the beach..........
I'm happy as hell.............
I got my night vision goggles on and I got my gun pointed at those Spaniards........:mad: :mac:

THanks again EvolutionMonkey

Bono not being able to find a song on a cd while he is driving is no clue other than his driving skills must be getting better.

allkub said:

Wow.........Thanks man

I love it................
I'm on the beach..........
I'm happy as hell.............
I got my night vision goggles on and I got my gun pointed at those Spaniards........:mad: :mac:

THanks again EvolutionMonkey

Your Welcome ! and DaveC i just sent it to you as well.

Basstrap said:

I remember people saying bono and lanois (?) made a bet that stuck in a moment was the best song since WOWY

rubbish, of course, not a horrible song, but millions of light years from WOWY

Actually, Bono and Brian Eno had a 100 dollar bet that Stuck... would be U2's biggest hit ever, not best song since WOWY.

I remember Yahweh being described as one of strongest songs they ever had.

Roland of Gilead said:
I am curious, would Bono (and U2) involve an outside source such as Stipe to help nail what tracks make the final cut on the album? I have never heard of that happening. I have always heard that this part of the process (determining the final songs to be on an album) only involves the band and their producer(s). Maybe even not their producer(s), just the band. Thoughts?

I don't know if it was finished or not, but I do know Bono heard Reveal and vice versa, Stipe heard ATYCLB before they were released.

thanks for posting that, i had heard what he said but this is the first time im reading the actual post. Really good information on there, and he said he heard about 12 songs too and it was fantastic! Good stuff.

Thanks for the link to the story U2dork. Bono seems quite sure about Love and Peace or Else making it and then he goes and says that the album is never finished. I love those War comments.

If, in fact, he had the NEW material in his car and that's what they were all listening to - then Miracle Drug WILL be on the new CD. Even if he couldn't find it at the time, he inferred it WAS on the CD. Or perhaps, he didn't want anyone hearing it because it is such an amazing song and he wanted to save at least a little something for a suprise... Also, if they were all hearing that song while they were standing outside, it leads me to believe it will be on the CD.

What say you? ;-)

Back
Top Bottom