Fu** Man!!! Miracle Drug Is Amazing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maybe it had been renamed to Yahweh despite all evidence that it seems impossible?

sure, yahweh had been surfaced for awhile as a rumored title, as had xanax and wine and then miracle drug, but maybe they combined them and called it miracle drug, calling god a miracle drug in the title instead?

im just speculating.

after all, the spainards did call this yahweh at first, no?

VertiGone said:
The band was showing off their new cd for Michael Stipe at the time the Spaniards recorded the song. It will be on the album.

Just because "___" is in the room, it doesn't guarantee it will be on the album. U2 101 - U2 don't guarantee ANYTHING until the album comes out.

"___" <--Enter any name here, including God.

Yes, there is a possibility this track will be on it. There has been no confirmation about this track making the cut, unless the Spainards had it right when this was originally titled "Yahweh" by them when they put it out there. (Maybe they know something we don't - this always seems to be the case lately.)

And of course, Yahweh is confirmed.

Last edited:
StlElevation said:
maybe it had been renamed to Yahweh despite all evidence that it seems impossible?

sure, yahweh had been surfaced for awhile as a rumored title, as had xanax and wine and then miracle drug, but maybe they combined them and called it miracle drug, calling god a miracle drug in the title instead?

im just speculating.

after all, the spainards did call this yahweh at first, no?

Interesting point, but I highly doubt that. Several months ago "Yahweh" was rumored to be one of the greatest U2 songs ever with some great lyrics. I'm sure that they're completely different songs.

At this point, there is zero evidence that it is not on the album, compared to some evidence it IS on the album. So to say it isn't is pure speculation at this point. The Spaniards had absolutely no idea that the first clip was Vertigo, which the fans on this forum determined in about two minutes after hearing the clip. Same with the Miracle Drug clip. Actually, he said that there were three or four songs that don't necessarily have a chorus with which to guess at a song title. Like i said before, i sure wouldn't think the word "Yahweh" would be in the song "Yahweh", which happened to be one of the songs that he couldn't be sure of from his recordings but has been confirmed to be on the album.

If you're saying "Miracle Drug" is actually "Yahweh," I just can't believe the words--miracle drug--would be repeated a few times in the song. To equate Yahweh to a miracle drug would simply be rash. Yahweh transcends everything that is a drug. I'm sorry. It just wouldn't fit.

It's highly doubtful that yahweh and miracle drug are the same song. I don't know why the infamous Moffutt threw that out there. I guess he heard that the song Yahweh was rumoured to be very moving and emotional and got that vibe from Miracle Drug and just took a stab at it, who knows. I don't know how well their command of the english language was/is to be able to make out lyrics from their recordings when i think most people who speak english fluently can barely make out lyrics.

VertiGone said:
They actually title it "Yahweh?". Roland, you should take a listen, it's quite good.:up:

No! Don't tempt me. (Begins to lash himself on his bare back) :wink:

beli had mentioned this to me when Dal*cough*key (covers head with hands) was posting. The Spainard's titled a song "Yahweh" which has been retitled on this board as "Miracle Drug."

Even the people who drove around in the car with Bono heard this song. It's an ATYCLB leftover. Are we supposed to believe they spent ths much time on this song and that it won't make the album? It's anyone's guess, but you gotta start using your thining caps.

The song 'Yahweh' has been described as being much different than the clip of Mircale Drug. If you were to bet money on it, I'd say it's a good bet, a great bet, that they are different songs.

we know one them is on the album, the other one? Who knows for sure. I'd say it's a great bet that they are both on the album.

If U2 were playing B-sides and album cuts at Bono's house where this was recorded there would have been more than 11 tracks, right?

Just saying it's an educated guess, based on hear-say. :)

I am curious, would Bono (and U2) involve an outside source such as Stipe to help nail what tracks make the final cut on the album? I have never heard of that happening. I have always heard that this part of the process (determining the final songs to be on an album) only involves the band and their producer(s). Maybe even not their producer(s), just the band. Thoughts?

The Spainard's titled a song "Yahweh" which has been retitled on this board as "Miracle Drug."

One person on PLEBA, who drove around in the car with Bono asked to hear the song called "Miracle ...something" and Bono replied "oh yeah, Miracle Drug". This was after the album had been completed.

Yahweh was mentioned on Michael W Smith's site long before this and has appeared on the new reports, even on U2.com. And , even Ignoreland mentioned this song over a year ago.

I think it's a good bet that they are different songs. Does 'Miracle Drug" make the cut? Who knows. But it was played for the spaniards, and they heard 11 tracks.

As far as I'm concerned there are really only two songs on this album that remain a mystery based on everything that's out there. Clips wise, we have Love and Peace or Else (which from the clip fits its bluesy description way back when), All Because of You (postcard from Edge, among other things), and Miracle Drug. Add those to the six confirmed and that leaves two more. The big question to me currently is whether or not one of those are Full Metal Jacket/Native Son. As for Stipe, he was just there for the celebration and Bono was like "Listen to our new album. I bet it's better than yours!":wink:

Roland of Gilead said:
I am curious, would Bono (and U2) involve an outside source such as Stipe to help nail what tracks make the final cut on the album? I have never heard of that happening. I have always heard that this part of the process (determining the final songs to be on an album) only involves the band and their producer(s). Maybe even not their producer(s), just the band. Thoughts?

No, it makes more sense to think that they were playing the finished album for Stipe among others.

If this is true, then there is little doubt that Miracle Drug and Yahweh are both on the album, unless it is indeed the same song.

U2DMfan said:

One person on PLEBA, who drove around in the car with Bono asked to hear the song called "Miracle ...something" and Bono replied "oh yeah, Miracle Drug". This was after the album had been completed.

Yahweh was mentioned on Michael W Smith's site long before this and has appeared on the new reports, even on U2.com. And , even Ignoreland mentioned this song over a year ago.

I think it's a good bet that they are different songs. Does 'Miracle Drug" make the cut? Who knows. But it was played for the spaniards, and they heard 11 tracks.

Thanks for all that U2DMfan. ...I think.:hmm: (people riding around in cars with Bono playing new songs) :ohmy:

VertiGone said:
As far as I'm concerned there are really only two songs on this album that remain a mystery based on everything that's out there. Clips wise, we have Love and Peace or Else (which from the clip fits its bluesy description way back when), All Because of You (postcard from Edge, among other things), and Miracle Drug. Add those to the six confirmed and that leaves two more. The big question to me currently is whether or not one of those are Full Metal Jacket/Native Son. As for Stipe, he was just there for the celebration and Bono was like "Listen to our new album. I bet it's better than yours!":wink:

I absolutely agree that we probably know 9 of the 11 tracks.
And I would also say that the other two tracks will probably be titles we haven't even heard yet. They may be the same songs that we've heard about, but they probably will be called something else.

Roland of Gilead said:

Thanks for all that U2DMfan. ...I think.:hmm: (people riding around in cars with Bono playing new songs) :ohmy:

Well, it's true. It's on the PLEBA board, on the band meetings and sightings forum.

Just sharing info for thought.

From what I have read, this "Love and Peace" or "Love and Peace, or Else" track has a bluesy feel/sound to it. This is something that I would love to see U2 do. Play more blues or blues-type songs. When that Rolling Stone article came out recently it had said something about "the heaviest guitars the band has put on record since the Joshua Tree." It suprised me that the writer said that and not AB. Unless, "heaviest" to this particular writer leans more to the blues style that was on JT. That excites me.

U2DMfan said:

Well, it's true. It's on the PLEBA board, on the band meetings and sightings forum.

Just sharing info for thought.

Yes, thank you really for your input. I meant that.

It is funny though what people believe sometimes. Shooting down Dal*cough*key, but accepting car rides with Bono and playing the new album. I am not trying to stir the shit here. This is just an observation. I have heard many many times before of Bono doing that. So many times that it must be true I think. It is just that it is easy to post a story like that anytime now. I don't know, I just want this album now! Like all of you.

One more thing on 'Yahweh'.

The earliest report I remember reading had Bono repeating the phrase "Real Love" throughout. Of course Bono always rewrtes songs, which is why so many of these "songs" end up being other songs. That long list on the "ATYCLB" leftover thread is probably mostly songs that have already been released.

But not always, I'm sure they have ideas on the shelf, leftovers and such, but if you just listen to the Achtung outtakes, you can see elements of almost all of those songs on songs that ended up on AChtung. Point being, the band don't let good ideas, melodies, chord changes go to waste.

We'll get a box set from U2 one day and it will be good fun to put together the pieces and figure out which songs turned into other songs and such etc.

I know from personal experience, talking to people in bands and reading about bands and artists, that one song can have 5 different titles.

It usually depends on how that song started and ended up.
Always was obviously the pre-cursor to BD, but it was alos the same song as Stir My Soul, and maybe another name, who knows? We only know this because: 1-they released Always, 2-there was a reporter who dictated the songs Stir My Soul (which was obvioulsy eventually BD)

I'm just saying 10 titles might be 10 potential songs, but in actuality, it might just be a handful of songs. U2 don't waste good ideas, they just don't.

Roland of Gilead said:

Yes, thank you really for your input. I meant that.

It is funny though what people believe sometimes. Shooting down Dal*cough*key, but accepting car rides with Bono and playing the new album. I am not trying to stir the shit here. .

Well, here is the deal.

These fans couldn't verify shit when this happened to them, and conversely it wasn't verified until now.

Dalkey hasn't said anything that anyone didn't already know and in fact posted, 1- a false mp3, 2- has an Ip address from the United States among other things.

If that person was in the know, wouldn't they validate themselves by telling you something that you didn;t know?

Like a fan who got to ride in a car with Bono, and heard a song called Miracle Drug, months later it's verified. Could have been bullshit at first, but seemed sincere.

Dalkey, seems sincere alright, but I'm sure this person really thought that Vertigo clip was real, and it wasn't. Has Dalkey even responded to that yet? Of course not. He/she is a fraud.
having a little fun, that's all. If it's not the case, then what has this person said that is verifiable? That there is a small instrumental? A question mark on the end of the album title?

Everything else is just regurgitation. It's not that hard to figure out, honestly.

Miracle Drug had better be on the album. I have listened to this clip over a hundred times and I am in love with it. Someone say it will be on there!!

FullonEdge2 said:
I'm sorry to burst your bubble folks, but I truly believe "Miracle Drug" is not on the final tracklisting. The evidence suggests it won't be.

What evidence are you talking about? :confused:

Just popping in to say that the Spanish guy admitted he didn't know the name of Miracle Drug after he posted the MP3. He was guessing. Yahweh and Miracle Drug are 2 different songs. And as for the girl in Bono's car, weren't there pictures of them (or am I thinking of someone else)? Doesn't that lend a little more validity to the claims? It's not the same as random person making vague claims, some of which can be found somewhere else on this board.
In regard to the song being on the album, I don't know if it's a sure thing. When I read the Plebaian's story, I got the impression that song was not at the top of Bono's list of songs to show off. Maybe I read it wrong.

Okay enough speculation. FACT - Bono did take some ppl in his car where he played MIRACLE DRUG. I've seen pictures and read the report, someone would have to be genius to make a story that believable. FACT - All thoses songs that were leaked are real 100%. FACT - Miracle Drug or whatever the title of the song we heard WILL be on the album. I'll do a public webcam strip for all to see if it's not (even if it is on the album ill do it anyway :wink: ).
FACT - Owen Wilson needs a nosejob. Questions?

Back
Top Bottom