Fictitious "Xanax And Wine" double album...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
So, I just had this fantasy(which has morphed into two playlists on my IPod)....basically, after Popmart...instead of releasing a record in 2000, U2 lays low and it takes them until 2004(six years) to put out a new record, and when they do, it's a double album showcasing the best of everything that they have, in reality, released between 2000 and now. It's entitled, "Xanax And Wine", thirteen songs per disc. The first disc is entitled "Xanax" and contains all rockers, while the second disk is entitled "Wine" and contains all ballads/mid-tempos. Something like this(obviously many of you would make some changes).

Disc 1: Xanax

1.Love And Peace Or Else
2.Elevation
3.Beautiful Day
4.City Of Blinding Lights
5.Love You Like Mad
6.Electrical Storm
7.All Because Of You
8.Native Son
9.New York
10.Levitate
11.Window In The Skies
12.Crumbs From Your Table
13.Xanax And Wine

Disc 2: Wine

1.Walk On
2.Stuck In A Moment
3.In A Little While
4.A Man And A Woman
5.Kite
6.Original Of The Species
7.Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
8.Yahweh
9.When I Look At The World
10.The Ground Beneath Her Feet
11.The Hands That Built America
12.Smile
13.Stateless

P.S.Yes, I left Mercy off. I felt it didn't fit.

Danny Boy said:
Pop was released in 1997, so 2004 would have been a seven year wait between studio albums.

Frankly, if U2 had waited seven years after Pop to release an album, most people would have assumed they had called it quits.

All the more reason to come back with a huge release like this.

LemonMelon said:
No Flower Child? :tsk:

You can alter the running orders all you want. It's just one possible running order for the concept of having a double album with one disc all rockers and one disc all ballads/mid-tempos. :) I just felt that Flower Child didn't fit with the rest of the ballads/mid-tempos...same reason I didn't include Wild Honey, even though I like that song too.

Back
Top Bottom