even with the internet (have you ever bought a new U2 bootleg?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodysunday972

War Child
I figured Id throw this out there as even with the age of the internet and wide trading I still find myself buying the occasional silver pressed bootleg (found 1 called Gloria I think the label that put it out is called On Stage....but I got it for 8 bucks from a used cd store.

Im not one of those people who would drop the early to mid 90s prices for one if I saw it ala (25 bucks for a single disc 49 bucks on a double etc) but If I found 1 cheap enough Id still buy it cause in there own way there always a neat little item to add to your collection.

So anyone else wanna add in here? :)

Yup. Seen me pay £20 (approx $45) for GOOD quality bootlegs back in my bootleg buying days. I bought one from Vertigo tour and quality was crap. Reminded me of the dark 80s days.

I bought the Dublin Zoo TV silver bootleg, and a few of the songs had static in them. This is the perfect radio broadcast that everyone here probably has by now, but I was glad to find it 10 years ago. I was happy to be able to download it a couple of years ago with all of the tracks sounding perfect. I have several others I purchased in the mid 90's. The $25/50 prices were a little steep, but the fun was in looking through them and deciding which one(s) to buy....because there was no way to know what you were getting really...

I paid $50 for the double-disc Zoo Europa (the Dublin 8/28/93 show) back before I was internet savvy, and it was worth every penny.

I paid for a couple since then through eBay and only in one case did I end up with a crappy CDR. Now that I fully comprehend the glory of the internet, I don't/won't buy them anymore.

Back
Top Bottom