Elevation's Live Aid Moment? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2002, 08:25 AM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 06:47 PM
Elevation's Live Aid Moment?

Maybe, maybe not. I was really trying to use a catchy subject title! Anyhow, check it out:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cimon378/U2Exp.htm

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

Old 02-18-2002, 08:43 AM   #2
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:47 PM
I am so happy for you and your daughter! How wonderful to have it on video!

Old 02-18-2002, 09:09 AM   #3
Refugee

Thank you EPandAmerica! I feel very lucky to have obtained the video!
Old 02-18-2002, 10:09 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:47 PM
BostonAnne!

That was you?! Congrats!

I was at that concert (in the heart). I remember seeing your sister (based on the pictures) being overwhelmed by the fact that Bono came there - and climbed up. Typically, those seats aren't, well, the best. So it was a treat.

However, to be completely honest, I also remember your sister just monopolizing Bono! LOL! I thought, "Geez, lady, let him talk to that kid - you hugged Bono enough!"

I'm glad you had that experience - and your daughter's "I Love You" came through very clear - it was very cute.
Old 02-18-2002, 10:17 AM   #5
Forum Moderator
The Goal Is Soul

Anne...that is a very moving tribute to a moment I'm sure you and your daughter will never forget. Thanks for sharing it with the U2 community, and for being such a great fan to a band that deserves every accolade to the way they reach out to their fans.

Chris
Old 02-18-2002, 10:59 AM   #6
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by doctorwho:
BostonAnne!

That was you?! Congrats!

I was at that concert (in the heart). I remember seeing your sister (based on the pictures) being overwhelmed by the fact that Bono came there - and climbed up. Typically, those seats aren't, well, the best. So it was a treat.

However, to be completely honest, I also remember your sister just monopolizing Bono! LOL! I thought, "Geez, lady, let him talk to that kid - you hugged Bono enough!"

I'm glad you had that experience - and your daughter's "I Love You" came through very clear - it was very cute.

No No No! My sister is the blonde on the left (l to r in the picture), but was actually on Nicole's right! We were NOT with the lady you mention! After the show we asked her if we could have a copy of the pictures she took, and though it wasn't the easiest experience I got the photos from her and posted them on this thread:
http://forum.interference.com/u2feed...ML/016201.html

I remember your comment right after the show about how a woman marred the moment from this thread
http://forum.interference.com/u2feed...ML/015036.html

but being a newbie at the time, thought it was too old to respond to. It wasn't until I got the video that I was sure that you were referring to her.

You would be amazed at how great those seats were! I never dreamed that I would be able to see the facial expressions on the band since at previous shows I was alway in nosebleed seats! Also, the door for the band to come out into the venue was right underneath us, so we got to see them as they entered! It was unbelievable! We were blocked by the screen during a few songs, but there was a video monitor for us to see what was happening.

[This message has been edited by BostonAnne (edited 02-18-2002).]
Old 02-18-2002, 11:02 AM   #7
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by spanisheyes:
Anne...that is a very moving tribute to a moment I'm sure you and your daughter will never forget. Thanks for sharing it with the U2 community, and for being such a great fan to a band that deserves every accolade to the way they reach out to their fans.

Chris
Thank you Chris! I'm so glad you liked it!
Old 02-19-2002, 11:22 AM   #8
Den Mother

Location: Well my heart is where it's always been, my head is somewhere in between.
Yay, you got the video, Anne!
Those pics are great, Bono looks like he was singing "Wild Honey"...In the days
when we were swinging from the trees
I was a monkey, stealing honey from a swarm of bees...

Old 02-19-2002, 11:34 AM   #9
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by NicaMom:
Yay, you got the video, Anne!
Those pics are great, Bono looks like he was singing "Wild Honey"...In the days
when we were swinging from the trees
I was a monkey, stealing honey from a swarm of bees...

LOL! I am so lucky to have the video! U2 fans rock!

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83
Old 02-20-2002, 01:48 AM   #10
Refugee

Local Time: 12:47 AM
Wow, BostonAnne. I hadn't heard about this before. It's amazing and I've finally found a reason to have kids.... LOL
Just kidding..

------------------
"U2 on its own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with its audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.
Old 02-20-2002, 03:28 AM   #11
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Thats so awesome. I am so happy for you and your daughter!

Bono did something similar at my Oakland concert.. a little girl handed him a note while he was on the heart and he read it, and grabbed her and put her on his shoulders and walked around the heart with her.. it was so cool !

I'm sure you and your daughter will never forget!

------------------
The wind will crack in winter time
No spoken words, just a scream

My Lair
Old 02-20-2002, 05:59 AM   #12
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

That is incredible!!!

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."
Old 02-20-2002, 01:34 PM   #13
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by MissZooropa:
Wow, BostonAnne. I hadn't heard about this before. It's amazing and I've finally found a reason to have kids.... LOL
Just kidding..

LOL! I thought there have been some around here that hadn't heard about it since I have a knack of sinking threads
Old 02-20-2002, 02:28 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:47 PM
note to self: take neice to next U2 show
Old 02-20-2002, 02:37 PM   #15
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy:
Thats so awesome. I am so happy for you and your daughter!

Bono did something similar at my Oakland concert.. a little girl handed him a note while he was on the heart and he read it, and grabbed her and put her on his shoulders and walked around the heart with her.. it was so cool !

I'm sure you and your daughter will never forget!

Sicy, I couldn't find a picture of that after it happened until Otto came through!
Too cute!

Remember Bono also pulled up a girl at LA3 and sang Wild Honey to her

and Diamond's 2 girls were pulled up at Pheonix.

Old 02-20-2002, 04:29 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by BostonAnne:

No No No! My sister is the blonde on the left (l to r in the picture), but was actually on Nicole's right! We were NOT with the lady you mention! After the show we asked her if we could have a copy of the pictures she took, and though it wasn't the easiest experience I got the photos from her and posted them on this thread:
http://forum.interference.com/u2feed...ML/016201.html

I remember your comment right after the show about how a woman marred the moment from this thread
http://forum.interference.com/u2feed...ML/015036.html

but being a newbie at the time, thought it was too old to respond to. It wasn't until I got the video that I was sure that you were referring to her.

You would be amazed at how great those seats were! I never dreamed that I would be able to see the facial expressions on the band since at previous shows I was alway in nosebleed seats! Also, the door for the band to come out into the venue was right underneath us, so we got to see them as they entered! It was unbelievable! We were blocked by the screen during a few songs, but there was a video monitor for us to see what was happening.
Ah good - so that was NOT your sister! Great! LOL! Now I can bash her some more.

Seriously - all I remember was this lady just being ALL over Bono. At first, I was happy for her. After all, people in or near the heart got to interact with Bono - but how often does he climb up there?

But then, she just kept hugging him and pulling him to her, when it was painfully obvious that she wasn't the reason he was there. I felt like running out of the heart and pushing her away myself! LOL!

At least your daughter got to say something - I'm surprised the woman didn't grab the microphone away from Bono herself! LOL! I guess she can't be all bad if you at least got pictures from her.
Old 02-20-2002, 05:06 PM   #17
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by doctorwho:
I felt like running out of the heart and pushing her away myself! LOL!

At least your daughter got to say something - I'm surprised the woman didn't grab the microphone away from Bono herself! LOL! I guess she can't be all bad if you at least got pictures from her.

You would have been my hero! LOL! I had no ability to think of what to do, or I would have been next to Nicole on that side rather than staying put! (though I might have fainted!) I'm the only one that didn't touch Bono once! I was just mesmerized watching him interact with Nicole!

Honestly though, I wasn't paying attention to the woman. I do remember putting my hands on Nicole at one point thinking that I didn't want Bono to think Nicole was with her! I don't think Bono was even phased by her though. And yes you are right, she did finally send me the pictures!

BTW, where in the heart where you?

[This message has been edited by BostonAnne (edited 02-20-2002).]
Old 02-22-2002, 12:09 AM   #18
Refugee

*bump*