Electrical Storm has grown on me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemon Meringue

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Okay, I admit it. The first couple times I heard it I wasn't really impressed. But now it has grown on me. I like it. It gets stuck in my head. I find myself humming it.

Anybody else?

yea i like it more everytime i heard it, before the whole "hot as hell" and "heavy as a truck" ruined the song for me. I like it a lot now, but I dom't really like the version on the video, I prefer the normal, more upbeat one they play on the local radio.

The sea it swells like a sore head
And the night, it is aching
Two lovers lie with no sheets on their bed
And the day it is breaking

On rainy days we'd go swimming out
On rainy days, swimming in the sound
On rainy days we'd go swimming out

You're in my mind
All of the time
I know that's not enough
If the sky can crack
There must be some way back
For love and only love

Car alarm
Won't let you back to sleep
You're kept awake
Dreaming someone else's dream
Coffee is cold
But it'llget you through
Compromise
That's nothing new to you

Let's see colors that have never been seen
Let's go to places no one else has been

In my mind
All of the time
I know that's not enough
If the sky can crack
To love and only love

Electrical storm
Electrical storm
Electrical storm
Baby don't cry

It's hot as hell
Honey, in this room
Sure hope the weather will break soon
The air is heavy, heavy as a truck
Hope the rain will wash away our bad luck

The sky can crack
For love and only love

Electrical storm
Electrical storm
Electrical storm

Baby don't cry
Baby don't cry
Oh baby don't cry
Oh baby don't cry

THE LYRICS ^

and yes i speak spanish :D, i'm mexican, how you know?

I liked this song when I first heard it and it still grows on me. The whole experience has been quite similar to my experience with Beautiful Day. The drum machine/techno touched intro wasn't something I fell in love with right away with BD. The atmospheric Orbit mix gets better all the time, while the rock mix is solid all the way.

hey meringue!

well my experience with this song has been a bit different. I heard about it coming out the day after I arrived in the Alps, high away from everything and especially from fast computer connections. doh! But lo and behold, a few weeks later someone passed through who had a very bad sounding version of it recorded off of BBC radio. Listening to it for the first time was very exciting, even though I wasn't able to clearly hear all the details (like much of the rhythm section). It was still my band and it sounded promising...less pop more rock.

And finally while I am here visiting DrTeeth, I have been able to truly hear the song, all three versions and in gorgeous loud stereo. I am head over heels for the single mix. :heart:

Re: It grows on me too!

ElectricalVoice said:
The song grows on me too, but i have to say; Electrical Storm is one of those few U2 songs that i really loved the first time i heard it.

Yeah, ditto. Most U2 songs take time before I start to love them. "Gone" for example.

I love "Electrical Storm" and I really hope it does well! I want the band to get recognition for another great track!

I had an immediately positive reaction to it.... and was humming along with it the first time I heard it :) *thumbs up*

When is the single being released? because I bought it today (the 19th)
... wasn't it going to be on the 21st??

thejoshuafrog said:
I had an immediately positive reaction to it.... and was humming along with it the first time I heard it :) *thumbs up*

When is the single being released? because I bought it today (the 19th)
... wasn't it going to be on the 21st??

Is it? I'm going to pay a visit to my local record store soon just to see if it is! Now I'm all excited!! :wave:

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:

Is it? I'm going to pay a visit to my local record store soon just to see if it is! Now I'm all excited!! :wave:

It is in the shops now to give them time to stock it for the "official" release. Here in Canada, the standard is that the shops usually receive their cds by Friday and then get them ready for the Tuesday release.

Because I'm such a sweet heart at my local shop, they know to call me the second ANYTHING U2 comes in. Just picked up my ES singles/DVD about an hour ago. It feels like Christmas today! :happy:

Why didnt the BBC version make it to radio?

It hasnt particularly grown on me. I always liked the tune. I know I've said this before but the BBC version is soooooooo much better than the william orbit (video) version. In the BBC Radio 1 version, the guitar sounds more raw and the whole song rocks more a la '90s U2. Oh well..its good I have the mp3.:happy:

Back
Top Bottom