Eggs got me thinkin'... Is there easter eggs on the Elevation and Vertigo dvd's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Easter eggs for Boston:

15. How do I access the easter eggs on the Boston Elevation DVD?

There is one "easter egg" (a hidden piece of content on a DVD) on each of the two discs in the Boston Elevation DVD, and based on accounts from fans around the world who have posted tips and tricks on various mailing lists, and emailed U2faqs.com, the way you might access the easter eggs is somewhat dependent on what brand of DVD player you own. This is an overview of what fans have discovered.

Disc 1

Easter egg: the performance of the song "Elevation" as seen entirely from Bono-cam

How to access the easter egg:

1. At the end of the "Making of" documentary when the Dreamchaser logo appears, you'll see a small image of Bono's face as "The Fly". Quickly click on that image. When you get to the screen with the flashing boxes, type 1, 9, 7, 6 and you should be taken to the easter egg. On some DVDs, you'll need to hit ENTER after each number.
2. Alternatively, there's a cheat if the above doesn't work. As the DVD begins to play, hit STOP. Then on your remote, select DISPLAY or TITLE or whatever command allows you to skip directly to a certain track. You want track (title) 3. On some DVD players, once you hit STOP, you can go directly to the easter egg just by touching the "3" on your remote.

Disc 2

Easter egg: the performance of "Until the End of the World" as seen entirely from Bono-cam

1. From the main menu, access the Help screen by clicking on the question mark. When you're at the Help screen, type 1, 9, 9, 1 and you might be taken to the easter egg. On some DVD players, you may need to hit ENTER after each number. This seems to be the more difficult of the two easter eggs to access, as many fans report this method doesn't work.
2. Alternatively, there's a cheat. Actually, there are several: a) go to the Additional Tracks screen and immediately press 7 on your remote - the easter egg may begin; b) if that doesn't work, press ENTER after you type the number 7; c) if that doesn't work, you may need to hit some combination of PLAY and/or MENU on your remote.

Credit for this information goes to all the U2 fans who have shared their tips and tricks for finding the easter eggs -- far too many to credit by name.

Easter eggs for the 1990-2000 Best Of DVD:

17. How do I access the easter eggs on the Best of 1990 - 2000 DVD?

There are "easter eggs" (hidden content on a DVD) on the Best of 1990 - 2000 DVD. How you access these may be dependant on the model of DVD player you are trying to access them on.

Easter egg: Footage from the making of the Last Night on Earth Video

1. At the main intro screen for the Last Night on Earth video there are 8 pictures on the left side of the screen. Start on the Director's Name (Smyth underlined). Press the UP and LEFT buttons in order four times, to navigate through the pictures until the third photo down on the far left is chosen. You will see a brown outline around the photo when you have selected it. Then choose ENTER. The easter egg will begin to play.
2. Alternatively, there's a cheat if the above doesn't work. As the DVD begins to play, hit STOP. Then on your remote, select DISPLAY or TITLE or whatever command allows you to skip directly to a certain track. You want track (title) 18.

Easter egg: A fish tank with swimming Trabant cars

1. From the main menu, access the main screen for the One video. At this screen press '1' then enter and the screen will reload. Repeat hitting '1' and ENTER, two additional times and the fish tank will appear. The trabant takes some time before showing up, and if you leave it run long enough a two trabants will appear at the same time.

Credit for this information goes to all the U2 fans who have shared their tips and tricks for finding the easter eggs -- far too many to credit by name.

There is supposed to be an easter egg on the Slane dvd where you can see Bono's handwritten lyrics for a song, but I don't remember where I saw the info on it.

I'm curious to see if there's anything on Chicago...:hmm:

Last edited:
There is a easter on Chicago I suppose , thou I don't really remember

Hmm, I think there is one on Chicago, but I don't know how to get to it without cheating.

I discovered it accidentally. I was playing the second disc of the DVD on my computer, and was using Windows Media Player, as opposed to PowerDVD like I usually use.
On Windows Media Player, when you play a DVD, you get a playlist on the side of the screen of all the titles and chapters and things, but they're not labelled with anything specific, so they only way to see what they all are is to click and see what opens.
I was doing just that, clicking all of them, and just finding stuff that I'd already seen through the regular menu, when a short video opened up.
If you want to find it, it's Title 14, Chapter 1.

The video itself is titled "Behind the Scenes". It's about three and a half minutes long. The opening sequence is set to the beginning of Vertigo, and is a time-lapse of the crew setting things up.
Then we go to James Fairorth talking about the design of the Vertigo stage, ellipse and all. He shows some digital sketches and animated video of the stageset's design, while more Vertigo plays in the background. Followed by some City of Blinding Lights in the background.
After that, we go to Erland "Spider" Webb briefly telling us about the lights around the edges of the stage, before going to Alan Doyle telling us about the many pieces it takes to assemble the stage (SYCMIOYO in the background). Then back to the first guy, talking about how they took the stage to Canada first to test it out.
And then Zoo Station plays in the background, and we go to Willie Williams :applaud: telling us about the light curtains. There are cooler things going on on those curtains during this short segments than appear to going on on them during the whole concert on the first disc :tongue: And then it's over.

Back
Top Bottom