DOWNLOAD U2's New Single "ELECTRICAL STORM"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Once the hype dies down, I think this song will quickly "fade away."

When I first heard ATYCLB, I was in love with every song. The reason is because all the songs were catchy, similar to the songs on AB and JT. However, this song is far from catchy and I don't think it will be on the radio long either.

Just my opinion though.

The reason I became a U2 fan was because of Bono's soaring vocals and thought-provoking lyrics. Both dominate on this song - especially that voice. To go from a screaming note to a soft gentle falsetto in just a few notes is incredible.

*bows to :bono:

This song definitely has hints of Coldplay. That said, it also is clearly U2 - so perhaps Coldplay is the one imitating U2 and we just forgot what U2 can do. :sexywink:

This is the type of song that could have appeared on many U2 albums, from UF to ATYCLB (with the possible exception of "Zooropa"). However, it seems more at home with U2's more recent work, thus making it an outstanding choice for this "Best Of" collection. :yes:

The song is definitely a grower, which for me is great. Almost any song, including U2's, that I've enjoyed immediately fades quickly. In contrast, songs that take a few listens for me to even start appreciating are the ones that have the best chance of becoming a part of my soul. I can see the brilliance in this song and feel it becoming a very powerful song for me. As of this precise moment though, I really like it but don't "worship" it. Two or three more listenings should change that. ;)

great song....for those of you who can..try to leave NM on once you get it...it will make it easier for others to get it as well.

i really like....gets better with ever listen.

i think it really fits well with the greatest hits....well for that matter everything that they did over the past 25 years. it seems like a mix from JT/atyclb/AB with the guitar and vocals. the only thing i not really fond of is the xylophony sound/kiddie piano sound thing that they have going on at the beginning of the song. they could definately lose that other than that i :heart: it.

great job guys! :up:

OMG NEW U2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having heart palpitations
Dont know what I think yet
Just got back from No DOubt!!!!!!!
Am really hyper!!!!!!!!
U2 U2 U2 U2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :laugh: :laugh: :heart: :laugh:

SOmeone try and make me sleep now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a quick thanks to all the folks who have made the song available.Not to forget the DJ who played it.

Thanks guys!

OMC, OMC, OMC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New U2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*dies*

who was it that told me we wouldn't hear this until it was released?

great song.

i like it.

i have a problem-i want to put it on my mp3 player. but i can't find where my dad's mac is depositing the file. it dl's through explorer but not to the desktop. i can't find it via finder. im confused.

*waiting patiently for solution to appear to me:)

Cowgirl said:
*KISSES KOBE OUT OF u2LOVE AND EXCITEMENT :laugh: :heart: :bono:

*kisses cowgirl out of excitement of her kissing him.

Thank God for the New Media version, it's so much better than what I heard before... I :heart: the song!

E-Lec-trical Storm....

Second time through right now and I 'd say it's a keeper......

Attachments

• briananddan,jamesandalex.jpg
    briananddan,jamesandalex.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 43
Bono voice is great,

The music is nothing is nothing relevant imo

Just ok for me, so far...

One of the few times U2 have not impressed me

by the way, being awake at 4 am to listen to it on BBC1 makes me a freak? :D

I Love This New Song!

Wow! I wasn't expecting to hear this for a while! What a wonderful surprise for an otherwise sleepy Sunday morning.

I love "Electrical Storm" a lot?Bono sounds magnificent! Whatta voice. Whatta man. And I think this song is as catchy as a cold; it's going to be going through my head all day, I can tell that already.

Since I've got an iMac, and I'm hopeless with the new technology (I STILL haven't figured out how to post pictures to PLEBA), I don't know how to deal with MP3 files and such. But I did hear the RealAudio version. It cut out every 30 seconds or so ("rebuffering," grrr), but I still got to hear it and that's what matters.

Great song. GREAT GREAT BAND!!!!!!!!

Good work guys!!!

ok, now i am having trouble leaving my computer...i just want to sit here all day and listen to this song...and i have to go to a damn graduation party!

kobayashi said:
i have a problem-i want to put it on my mp3 player. but i can't find where my dad's mac is depositing the file. it dl's through explorer but not to the desktop. i can't find it via finder. im confused.
you should be able to save it first...click on the link till you get a menu, and try saving it, so you can specify where you want it to go. :wink:

btw, i'm listening to it as well and my first reaction is :eek: :confused: :dance: :cute: :scratch:

i think i'll have to listen a couple more times to get a good impression of the song! :D

What a nice thing to wake up to!

After about the 4th listen, it really started to grow on me. I think it's got potential, as a radio single.

As I sit here listening to "Electrical Storm" I can't help but think how popular this song is going to be. It seems to have more edge to it than most of All That You Can't Leave Behind, but it still holds that beauty in it. Larry's drumming is magnificient, the bass is a-rocking, Edge's guitar is screaming, and Bono ... good lord, Bono sounds great! This is a pleasent surprise, indeed.

- z -

It's OK, but I expected more

Really nothing new or innovating. It's pretty radio-friendly, which is not neccessarily a bad thing, but I wanted the FLY II

WOO HOO!!!! New U2- awesome thing to wake up to!!!

I've just listened to it once so far, and it seems pretty good. It might be a grower, but I'm just excited to get new material! :dance:

Back
Top Bottom