Does The Edge really sing Seconds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*sofia*

Refugee
I've always thought that Bono sounds different on that song, and today I realized that it actually sounds a lot like the edge. But then on some parts, it really sounds like bono again and I'm not sure anymore.. :huh:

It's Edge on the first one or two verses, then it's Bono.

:)

I think Bono sings this verse

It takes a second to say goodbye
Say goodbye, oh, oh, oh.
Push the button and pull the plug
Say goodbye, oh, oh, oh.

(obviusly backing vocals)
Fall, rise and...
Fall, rise and...

at the end, both of them sing:

And they're doing the atomic bomb
Do they know where the dance comes from?
Yes they're doing the atomic bomb
They want you to sing along.

Say goodbye, say goodbye
Say goodbye, say goodbye.

Last edited:
I never knew that.
I find it so hard to notice these things - it's probably just my awful hearing, but I think they sound so, so similar.

beau2ifulday said:
I never knew that.
I find it so hard to notice these things - it's probably just my awful hearing, but I think they sound so, so similar.

:hmm: Yeah, I think that sometimes as well... :huh:

I'm pretty sure Bono sings the 'in an apartment on Times Square' verse as well. I'll watch my DVD to make sure, lol (any excuse)!

It's on the 'Under a Blood Red Sky' [Live at Red Rocks] video...no DVD yet, but we can only live in hope, I guess...original version's on "War" just in case you don't know :up:

It's from "War".

... for me Bono is always singing :scratch: only Edge joins in the "oh oh oh" part.

I would never have gotten "War" if U2.com had not somehow made it possible for non members to listen to that album in full. (kinda strange since the rest of the clips for any other album/song are 30 seconds long) Seconds is one of my favorite songs off of it, and I would have never known it was Edge singing any of the lyrics, I had always thought it was just Bono's younger voice!

I thought it was all Bono on the album and Edge just did that part live....

hahaha thanks guys. i feel so dumb for asking that becuase i have the War ablum. it sounded vaguely familiar but i coudln't pin it down. i don't listen to it much because i have the "best of 1980-1990" cd too, and i listen to that more often. kinda sad that i don't know all the tracks on War, huh?
but wow, i didnt know Edge was singing either <3
oh, the things we learn ;]

It's definitely Edge as well as Bono. Edge must get his credit or I'll get annoyed! ;)

*consults book*

"'Seconds' is a tour-de-force from The Edge. For the first time (of only three in U2's history to date) he sings lead vocals. In fact it was The Edge's voice that U2 tended to double-track for harmonies. Bono figures his partner-in-crime's singing was under-rated: now that he was out in front, a whole lot of people failed to notice the difference and assumed it was Bono on vocals."

I LOVE Edge's voice. Just for the record. :)

Back
Top Bottom