Dirty Day vs Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mauwer

War Child
:ohmy: tough one!

Both are ok on the album but live they are :drool:

I go with Please. ( just by an inch. though )

Cheers ,

Mauwer

hey, this is much easier than the choice in my thread.

album versions:

please = one of u2's best songs ever.
dirty day = meh.

Dirty Day studio > than Please Studio
Please Live > than Dirty Day live (although its excellent live also)

Dirty Day is the best thing on the Zooropa album for me, one of only a few great things on that album.

bono's singing on dirty day studio version is one of the biggest embarrassments of u2's career.

in less than an hour someone is gonna come in here and make the psycho remark about zooropa being u2's best album of all time.

U2Man said:
in less than an hour someone is gonna come in here and make the psycho remark about zooropa being u2's best album of all time.

but it is:wink:

here is my ranking...

1. Zooropa
2. Achtung Baby
3. The Joshua Tree

i was right.

edit: and btw. zooropa cannot even touch achtung baby's left buttock. because if it could...it would have done it.

Last edited:
U2Man said:

Zooropa is U2's best album of all time.

Oh, wait, it's been an hour and six minutes. :(

cdisantis83 said:
In my opinion, Please is one of their top 10 songs, if not top 5. Definitely Please.

Yep, Top 10 definitely.

I wouldn't put Dirty Day in the top 75 U2 songs.

Any rocker from the Zooropa sessions is bound to sound compressed. Dirty Day deserves more life than that record and tour.

But altogether I think Please is a stronger song.

Both killers.

It's a unfair fight.

Please is a classic U2 epic.

Dirty Day is a turd. That album performance nearly ruins Zooropa. It's as unispired as the band have ever sounded. Bono all nasal. The band going through the motions, no drive in that performance. Terrible recording. Worst thing they've ever put to tape.

Back
Top Bottom