Dear concert go-ers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
I have seen every tour since UF. While the UF tour is a sketchy at best memory for me, the rest are clear as day. And I would like to give my 3 fave u2 songs I have witnessed in person at a show

1. Exit (Joshua Tree Tour)
2. Until The End Of The World (Zoo TV Tour)
3. Whos Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses (Vertigo Tour)

Just missing out is Miami (Popmart)

Feel free to join in

The only show I've been to was during the Vertigo Tour. The biggest shock I got was when they played I Will Follow after Elevation. I had been following the setlists so I thought Electric Co. would be next. That is the clearest moment that stands out for me.

I've only seen the tours since Zoo :( But here are my top 3:

1. The Fly (Zoo)
2. Bullet (Elevation)
3. Electric Co. (Vertigo)

Honestly I love Zoo Bullet, but I was lucky enough to catch the E tour at the tail-end of the 1st leg when Bono was ripping off those kickass Bullet raps (the Mark Chapman ones). Awesome.

Edit: Duh, Streets, any tour but Popmart...Streets live is just fantastic (of course).

hmmm...Bad in Chicago (5/7/05) was pretty amazing. The opening of City of Blinding Lights in Cleveland (12/10/05) was incredible for me because it was my first GA experience. and I suppose my favourite song from my hometown show and first U2 show (Indianapolis 5/10/01) was Gone. It's the only Pop song I've ever seen live.

Streets never disappoints

I've just been to one show, but these were my three favorites:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Beautiful Day
3. Gloria

:drool: :drool: :drool:

1. New Year's Day, 4/6/2005, L.A. the place went nuts as soon as the opening bass riff started, and this was the first time Adam did a walk-about during New Year's Day.

2. Streets, 11/1/2005, L.A. being just off the rail, that close to the band, amazing.

3. City of Blinding Lights, same gig as 11/1/2005, really took off as a live song.

1 The Unforgettable Fire-Wembley Joshua Tree tour or Out of Control-Cork- Joshua Tree Tour

2 God Part 2 or Desire- Dublin Lovetown

3 Bullet the blue sky- London Zoo TV

4 Miami- London Popmart

5 The Fly- London- Elevation

6 Whos Gonna Ride-Electric Co- London Vertigo

In no particular order:
Crumbs From Your Table(Vertigo Omaha)
Until The End Of The World(Vertigo Omaha)
Streets(Zoo TV Ames, IA)
Until The End Of The World - New Year's Day(Ames, IA)
George Bush - Zoo Station(Ames, IA)
Miami(Popmart Kansas City)
The Fly(Elevation Minneapolis)

I've just been to one U2-show, Vertigo-Tour Amsterdam 16-07-2005....with a great setlist (Horses and also Miss Sarajevo for the first time in years for instance)

1.) The Electric Co (very very great version)
2.) Where The Streets Have No Name (best live song in my opinion even though it was better on previous tours)
3.) I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For or I Will Follow (both were awesome)
3.)

Back
Top Bottom