Crumbs From Your Table has now become my favourite.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

God Part III

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
On my iPod, I have a playlist that says "Top 25 U2"
Needless to say, the best U2 songs in their best version; The Fly - live > The Fly - studio for one.
Every week, I revise the list, and make a change or two. Up until today, Original of The Species was the highest ranked HTDAAB track. But when I thought of it, I said to myself "why isn't Crumbs From Your Table in the top 10" I pondered, and heard the song through again to really consider where it should be placed. Then it came to me. This song is like no other U2 song, yet the guitar is so classic U2 - it is really the standout on the album, really the song that grows the most.
It is currently ranked 4th on my list. Over songs as With Or Without You, One and Where The Streets Have No Name. You should all play that song just once and feel the greatness, because initially it seems a bit bland, but boy, I am so happy to be proved wrong.

This album gets better every time I hear it.

I just wanted to share my thoughts. :wink:

At first I was not to thrilled about it, but I have become quite attached to that song and "Yaweh". Classic U2 on both those tracks.

Michael Griffiths said:
Yup, one of my very faves, too. Maybe even my fave. I still can't get over how so many people (reviewers mostly) called it a b side?!

It is quite the grower though..those reviews were probably done after a couple of listens, and I know that I didn't like the song myself until about the 8th listen or so.

Michael Griffiths said:
Yup, one of my very faves, too. Maybe even my fave. I still can't get over how so many people (reviewers mostly) called it a b side?!

Oh really, I have not read the reviews...how reviewers could not like such a brilliant piece of work is beyond me.

I love this song. I love the last solo on it. A lot of passion there. It's one of my favorites and I can see it as being a future favorite of mine. The lyrics are great! And I love when Bono says that "Hey!" after the last chorus! Great song! Should have been the third song after All Because Of You as the number 2.

:applaud:

'Crumbs From You Table' is currently my favourite song too, although it is tied with with a couple other 'growers'. Other songs that have grown on me similarly to CFYT; 'Yahweh', one of the best closing album songs U2 have done, 'A Man and a Woman', one the most interesting, creative songs in years, and 'One Step Closer', a beautifully atmospheric song of ambivalent emotion, coloured-in with the same type of ambient genius that's found in 'Grace', one of ATYCLB's better tracks.
As for the rest of HTDAAB - OOTS, MD, LPOE, COBL, SYCMIOY - these songs didn't need to grow for me, they were full-fledged classics instantly from the start! Too bad ABOY is on this otherwise classical, brilliant album. Should have developed 'Are you gonna wait forever' and then replaced ABOY. Anyway, Long Live 'Crumbs From Your Table'!!!

- Nicholas

zoou2@hotmail.com

Crumbs is definitely one of my favorites on the new album. I totally love Larry's groove on this song. It's so deep in the pocket (drummer/musician lingo). He rocks very hard on this song. The tempo of this song is just perfect. I think less mature bands would have tried to rush this and turn it into a faster song, but it's just great as it is.

Michael Griffiths said:

I wasnt expecting much from this tune after reading the reviews, and its now in my top three favs on the new album! My girl friend says that i've been singing it in my sleep!!!

Back
Top Bottom