Cranberry song for Ali....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NicaMom

Den Mother
Well my heart is where it's always been, my head i
07-02-02 news
Ali leaves Bono for the Cranberries...

Bono's wife Ali Hewson is to launch a new single today (Thursday) for the Irish band The Cranberries.

The single is the work of the band's lead singer Dolores O'Riordan who wrote the song for their new album Wake up and Smell the Coffee after she was inspired by Ali to write the song.

The launch of the single will take place in the U2 owned Clarence Hotel at lunchtime.

The single Dolores wrote is called Time is ticking out and was written after she read about Ali's work with the sick children of Chernobyl.

Both Ali and Dolores will attend the launch ahead of the release of the band's new album on February 15th.

Speaking ahead of the launch Dolores said, "Chernobyl was a big issue for a long time then it slipped away. Then I picked up a newspaper. I remember my daughter was probably three months old and there was a picture of Bono's wife Ali, who raises funds for the Chernobyl project. I looked at pictures of her with the children and it totally broke my heart and that's where the inspiration came from."

http://www.showbizireland.com/news/february02/07-u276.shtml

I have to buy their album now.
smile.gif

Great story...thanks for that NicaMom.
I'm a huge Cranberries fan too...and to hear this story was just *soooo* sweet.
oxoxo
Autumn

When I read the thread topic, I thought that Bono had written Ali a song about cranberries.

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Lol-try to keep up Bonochick! Just teasin' ya! Wow-that's great! Pretty soon people will be excited about her and Bono will carry her bags!! Just kidding! I admirer her a heck of alot more now! GO Woman GO! peace 2 u all..

Yay for Ali. She lets the world have her man, she deserves her own party.

Yay for Delores, she always cared about things like that- but now she's gone to a more awesome level. I love her!

<----used to stand outside in my backyard singing linger in the rain!
smile.gif

What a neat story! I'm also a Cranberries fan. I received the new CD for Christmas but somehow can't get U2 out of the CD player to give it a listen yet....

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

Way to go Ali, it?s a really really nice song, and album, I recommend everyone to buy it.

BTW, the video is great!

------------------
Olofski
SWEDEN
We move through miracle days Spirit moves in mysterious ways

hi nica, quick cass story..
I was in my fave 2nd hand music/book shop yesterday. Took a Rolling Stome mag to the counter. The owner says "but cass, U2 aren't on the cover!!" But dolores o'riordan is. He got the full story about Ali and Chernoybl, like it or not.
Funny thing is, when I get home and opened the mag, first page...pic of Bono and small mention he is writing screenplay for MDH. So there...it did have U2 content and big colourful ad for release of Sydney Zoo TV video.
My sister buys all the Cranberries albums, i'll have to try and beat her to it. Nice pressy for her...hmmmm her birthday soon. Thanks for the info, as always nicamom.

PS I bought 2 other books..."the secret policeman's other ball" and "stone monuments of ireland" goody goody goodies
biggrin.gif

correction "Field Monuments of Ireland" and by geez I've just started the other one, John Cleese's introduction is sooooo funny
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 02-08-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom