contact the band

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I also don't understand all the angst about some U2 fan wanting to write a fanmail letter to U2. I'm sure 95% of the fanmail they receive is from normal, sane people with maybe a kind word or comment about a show they saw. U2, in general, has always lauded their interaction with their fanbase. Fanmail is one way for fans to communicate with celebrities. The band can choose whether or not to read it so you are not "bothering" them in any way.

I agree that there is probably very little chance of you actually getting a personal response from U2 through a letter or email you write them, but I also don't think there's anything wrong with someone wanting to try either. This should, however, be done through their record company and *NOT* to their home addresses. U2 and their families deserve their privacy.

I also believe that U2 (or people closely associated with the band) occasionally check out U2 message boards like this one. In this increasingly technological world, browsing through the thread list can give a band like U2 valuable information and feedback from their biggest fans in the shortest amount of time. It really is quite efficient. By posting here and at other U2 sites you may have already interacted with U2 and not even know it. ;)

I also have little doubt that results of a recent fan survey done on another U2 site have since found their way into the band's hands. Contrary to what some people seem to think, U2 cares about its fans, they always have.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I can sympathize, both as owner of alihewson.com (people looking for her and Bono) and nadiacomaneci.com (most famous gymnast ever).

Sometimes the e-mails are good, like people interested in donating substantial amounts of money to Ali's charitable organizations, but most of the time they are kids who can't read the giant disclaimer I have on my websites. :huh:

I hope you are are directing(or have links) for the donors. It would be a shame to see that money not be spent. The official sites for Bill Gates, Tiger Woods, and the "unofficial" Bono site all have donor links. Just a suggestion.

Last edited:
im the one who asked for the contact info...

to be clear,

i'm not a stalker. hell, i cant even get out of our town alone, i cant travel alone. im just a 15 yr old kid... and besides, im miles and miles away from the band.

i was just gonna send an inquiry about the tour, that's all. whether they reply or not, it's ok with me. i was just trying.

elisa519_U2adik said:

to be clear,

i'm not a stalker. hell, i cant even get out of our town alone, i cant travel alone. im just a 15 yr old kid... and besides, im miles and miles away from the band.

i was just gonna send an inquiry about the tour, that's all. whether they reply or not, it's ok with me. i was just trying.

Are you sure you're not larry mullen?

Stalker, burn her, she's a witch.
So,if you weigh as a duck and you float on the water, you're made out of wood. You're a witch

elisa519_U2adik said:

to be clear,

what do you want to know about the tour?

ntalwar said:

I hope you are are directing(or have links) for the donors. It would be a shame to see that money not be spent. The official sites for Bill Gates, Tiger Woods, and the "unofficial" Bono site all have donor links. Just a suggestion.

Of course I am. I spent a lot of time helping one couple pick the organization that was right for them. And I do have all of the links on the site already.

:shrug:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Of course I am. I spent a lot of time helping one couple pick the organization that was right for them. And I do have all of the links on the site already.

:shrug:

OK - now I see them. I just saw the word "Links" and not any text relating it to Ali.

ntalwar said:

OK - now I see them. I just saw the word "Links" and not any text relating it to Ali.

:scratch: The whole site is about Ali. Most of the articles are about EDUN or the CCPI.

I should add a large CCPI banner to the index page since the anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster is approaching... :hmm:

my friend wrote to Bono in 2001 asking if he can come sing at her wedding. She said he would have to pay to get there, but if he liked he could stay at her house for cheaps and he'd get all the free booze and a free three course meal out of it.

I thought she was joking until she actually sent it. About 3 months later she got a reply typed saying
'As much as Bono would love to come and sing at your wedding - free booze is always a good thing, he is on tour and must pass. Good luck with your wedding or something like that.

MY friend thought it was so funny.... In fact she got the letter printed up and had it in her wedding booklet thingy.

anyway, i say send a letter, you never know what happens...althought they prolly get so many...

also if you have any u2 questions someone ALWAYS know the answer here. They are all a bunch of over u2 achievers. hahahaha

Pero said:
Stalker, burn her, she's a witch.
So,if you weigh as a duck and you float on the water, you're made out of wood. You're a witch

What?

Yeah, i saw Larry wear pink briefs through my crystal ball :eek: :lol:

hahaha :evil: :lol:

come on guys, what's wrong with sending a fanmail or sending an inquiry? :huh:

i started this thread to just ask for a fanmail or something. i didn't mean to get their personal emails or info, coz i know its private and it would be impossible to get it. we all know that. so, its up to you if you give me an info or not.
:)

Last edited:
elisa519_U2adik said:

i started this thread to just ask for a fanmail or something. i didn't mean to get their personal emails or info, coz i know its private and it would be impossible to get it. we all know that. so, its up to you if you give me an info or not.

There is nothing wrong with it. Just ignore the people who tell you it is.

This address sounds as if it might be what you want:

U2 World Service
PO Box 1810
Dublin 1
Ireland

Good luck! :)

HelloAngel said:

Yes it does. Yes yes yes yes yes. You wouldn't believe the types of emails I get from people who actually think I know Bono and/or his phone number. People are really insane.

What???? :shocked: You don't?????? :ohmy:

I joined this forum under mistaken circumstances then! :tsk:

And I'm perfectly fine! :crack:

dazzlingamy said:
my friend wrote to Bono in 2001 asking if he can come sing at her wedding. She said he would have to pay to get there, but if he liked he could stay at her house for cheaps and he'd get all the free booze and a free three course meal out of it.

I thought she was joking until she actually sent it. About 3 months later she got a reply typed saying
'As much as Bono would love to come and sing at your wedding - free booze is always a good thing, he is on tour and must pass. Good luck with your wedding or something like that.

MY friend thought it was so funny.... In fact she got the letter printed up and had it in her wedding booklet thingy.

anyway, i say send a letter, you never know what happens...althought they prolly get so many...

also if you have any u2 questions someone ALWAYS know the answer here. They are all a bunch of over u2 achievers. hahahaha

On another board (for another band) I post on, one guy sent an invitation to his wedding to the lead singer of this band. He included a note explaining that he used several of the bands songs to woo the woman who was now becoming his wife.

He didn't get a reply, and the singer didn't show up at the wedding. However, a couple of months later the singer mentioned the invitation and note in an interview he did. And he didn't mention it in a "oh this was so creepy" but in a "it made me happy to read it" way (although he did note he hoped the couple wouldn't come to hate that song someday! -- he isn't isn't exactly the patron saint of marriage... :wink: ).

The fan was sooo excited with that, it was really fun to read.

On a slightly lesser scale, my ex did a similar thing for his brother when he married. My former brother-in-law is a fanatical Aussie Rules supporter (Carlton, for those interested) and an equally fanatical Stephen Silvagni fan (fullback in the Team of the Century, again for those interested :wink: ). So my ex wrote to the club to get a telegram from Steve to read at the wedding. And the club did kindly send a letter signed by Steve.

When the letter was read out at the reception, you'd have thought Carlton had won the premiership, my bro-in-law was so excited.

It's in a frame now.:wink:

I wrote a letter to Larry Johnson (former Charlotte Hornets basketball player) when I was 13. Three months later, I got a photo of the man dressed up as "Grandmama," with a laser-printed autograph. The picture's in a box somewhere in my closet.

Just thought I'd share. :der:

:wink:

dazzlingamy said:

Hahaha! Wicked.

elisa519_U2adik said:

There's nothing wrong with sending fanmail. However, if you're sending an inquiry about the tour, you might want to ask your question of people here on the forum to see if someone has the answer you're looking for. Might save you some time and effort.

blueeyedgirl said:

What???? :shocked: You don't?????? :ohmy:

I joined this forum under mistaken circumstances then! :tsk:

And I'm perfectly fine! :crack:

Ohhhkay.

This one guy writes me every couple months or so wondering when U2's next album is coming out and when the new tour starts in 2008. People have really bizarre notions about what they think fansites know.

I'm one of those who think it's ok to contact U2 at their officially published addresses (i.e. in album notes, etc.). The threads at this point have more questions than answers on the tour.

The user who started the thread is from Asia, which is underrepresented on this forum. Perhaps the question is related to plans or thoughts on touring Asia, which has few answers here. A fan letter from Asia might receive more visibility because it is far less common than letters from other regions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom