Bono: "single in September, album in October"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Bono is currently in Berlin attending some sort of AIDS event, and people from the U2tour.de site spoke to him briefly, and he said first single will be out in September and the album in October. The band are virtually finished their work for the album.

:hyper:

3546, mikal? :) :) .....weeeeeeeeell...album in october?.....ok.....i say this:.......... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! alright?.........:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Yay, if it's true! :hyper:
If not, I'm willing to wait-not to mention I really don't have a choice :wink:

honestly though, we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves here. bono has said things before about this new album that ended up not turning out to be true.

but any news is better than no news.

seems legit, but like mentioned above, it could be Bono Talk. he's also mentioned things like wanting to use that Elevation Tour momentum & get back in the studio. that was many moons ago. But at least we have something here (possibly)

If the first single won't be out until September, then I guess this nixes the idea of having the first single tied into SpiderMan 2 movie or Sky Capt and the World of Tomorrow - both due out in the Summer....

Numb1075 said:
If the first single won't be out until September, then I guess this nixes the idea of having the first single tied into SpiderMan 2 movie or Sky Capt and the World of Tomorrow - both due out in the Summer....

which actually makes me extremely happy. i don't really like U2 associated with Spiderman for some reason. i think their music stands on its own well enough.

i already told you guys this long ago

just listen to the chizzer, he wont steer you wrong

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! Finally some new news!!! We really needed that breath of fresh air!!!! It was looking grim!!! I'll take this news, legit or not, new news is good news!!! loL!!!!

It looks like everything is adding up, single, album, tour, hall of fame, new book, looks like thigs are beginning to fall into place!!!

I'm so pumped, I would be 100% satisfied if this was Edge news though!!! Remember, bono is the blind ambition!!!

Anyway, this is great, what will Bono look like this time around? Hope he keeps the long hair, just make it black and some cool new shades and we're all set for another amazing ride!!! WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

even then holding your breath probably wouldnt be best for your health

Alls I can say is this better be one spectacular album for a 4 year wait.

Still, 2005 is shaping up to be one amazing year for a U2 fan:

-25 years since Boy
-(relatively) new album
-world tour
-induction into R&R hall of fame
-grammies (you at least know they'll be invited and probably perform even if they don't win anything)

yeah, they postponed Sky Captain until Sept. 17, so this is actually adding up right. The first single will be off of Sky Captain. If the album is coming out in october, and the single in sept., when do you guys think we will get some OFFICIAL info regarding the tracklistings/etc.????

Maybe he meant that "October" is an album and that he's getting a divorce in September to become single again!

Oh Bono, you sly boots!

Back
Top Bottom