Bono on Larry King

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tinker said:
Wow. Larry King is such an intellectual light weight...such a talking head...i can't recall specifically a few of his dim questions (cause it was a couple of days ago)...and bono obviously lowering the intellectual response so larry could understand...you could see the frustration on bono's face often...bono needs to come to canada and speak to some of our people at the cbc for a real discussion of the issues.....

Gotta agree with you there. Larry King isn't an intellectual, but I think his strength is making people feel comfortable. He likes everybody, he's safe, he isn't confrontational, and he always seems genuinely interested in the people he's interviewing. Bono, liking 'the row' as he has often said, would really shine with somebody who is maybe a bit confrontational, who asks the tough questions, and who has more intellectual depth. But we still got a lot out of him because he likes to talk and Larry let him (well, sort of, most of the time). I can't actually think of one mainstream interviewer in the U.S. who is really, really good. They're all kind of insipid.

joyfulgirl said:
he likes to talk and Larry let him (well, sort of, most of the time).

hi joyfulgirl :wave:

Pity Larry sorta cut him off when he was talking about the link between the war on terrorism and the war on poverty. Would?ve been interesting that Bono could have been able to develop the issue - but then I suspect it isn?t a point of view that I see CNN as being too keen to broadcast :|

BTW I also agree with his view on organised religion :yes:

Michael Griffiths said:

Tinker, we (Canadians) are so full of ourselves, and I sometimes get disgusted with our holier than thou mentality, but I must agree with you on this one - The CBC would have offered a discussion that would have dug much deeper, I'm sure.

Ok, if you Canadians are so smart, why does it snow so damn much up there? Hmmmm? Answer me that!!!!

:shifty: :shifty:

Back
Top Bottom