Bono cold detected on record?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On 'All Because of You', he doesn't so much sound like he has a cold, but rather as though he has some terminal disease.

Nah I'm kidding but I do think the vocal take on that song is not the Mae West.

I don't know about a cold, but I do know that when they were doing the vocals for Last Night on Earth (or the chorus, at least), Bono's voice was totally shot for whatever reason so Edge had to back him up a lot.

Shadows and Tall Trees

he clears his throat at the very beginning of the track

Another Time, Another Place.

Seriously, when he sings "I'll be with you now," he sounds like that nasally bratty kid on King of the Hill.

For those of you who don't know what the hell I'm talking about, it sounds like he's got a head full of snot. :wink:

david said:
What about Party Girl the studio take?
they did it in studio? what album is this? the only time i heard party girl aside from a live recording was on Under a Blood Red Sky...which was just another live recording.

david said:

Oh gosh, I HOPE he had a cold...or something...b/c that version is sooooo bad! It's probably the only studio recording of a U2 song that I can't listen to :reject:

Bono sounds like he has a frog stuck in his throat on In A Little While. Terribly sick singing there.

david said:

Agreed. He sounds very sick there.

tuwie - the studio Party Girl was the b-side of the A Celebration single.

Axver said:
Bono sounds like he has a frog stuck in his throat on In A Little While. Terribly sick singing there.

Oh yes, but that's the best thing about it! It's a hangover song and he sounds, well, hungover! Hee. You can just imagine him dragging himself in at 6am and singing that vocal, all wrecked.

Wasn't it in Rolling Stone that he said he thought he might have had throat cancer and he'd been worried about his voice since before Pop? Pop does sound full of rougher vocals but to my ear it's fine, I don't have any problem with it.

financeguy said:
On 'All Because of You', he doesn't so much sound like he has a cold, but rather as though he has some terminal disease.

Nah I'm kidding but I do think the vocal take on that song is not the Mae West.

haha.....
thats one song that is overrated to moi

bono is sorta nasally overall...
but he doesnt sing out of it...comes from his lungs out of his mouth

BONOS MOUTH GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im a damn animal when i think about it
im going to fling my body outta window....and hit the ground
its a first floor window right near my computer where when the blinds are up people see me in here with the blue screen and the pics of bono...

Last edited:
chickadee said:
It's a hangover song and he sounds, well, hungover!

Where you wrote 'hungover', I think you meant to write 'crap'. :wink:

Axver said:

Where you wrote 'hungover', I think you meant to write 'crap'. :wink:

In a Little While is one of Bono's best performances and most people here realize that.

Get over it already.

bsp77 said:

In a Little While is one of Bono's best performances and most people here realize that.

Get over it already.

:lmao:

I don't quite think so.

carrieluvv said:
BONOS MOUTH GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im a damn animal when i think about it
im going to fling my body outta window....and hit the ground
its a first floor window right near my computer where when the blinds are up people see me in here with the blue screen and the pics of bono...

:ohmy:

Just the bang and the clatter as carrieluvv hits the ground...

Hey, feel the IALW love and realise it's amazing. His voice is what MAKES it amazing! A perfect voice isn't as important as one that conveys the emotion and the sentiment of the song, and the whole atmosphere is captured so beautifully by the way Bono sings it. It's gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom