Bono and the Uncyclopedia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
Has this been mentioned before?

We've all heard of Wikipedia, but the parady form is Uncyclopedia.

At times, this is hilarious. But mostly, it's full of bad jokes from people clearly trying too hard to be funny, and obviously think they are funny, but no one else does. Kind of like that weird guy in high school that thought he was a hoot, but no one really befriended.

Anyway, here's their entry on Bono.

From there, you can also see their hilarious link on U2.

While most of the humor is poor, some things made me laugh, such as how Bono died before he was born, God thinking he is Bono, and the description of Supporting Characters as if they were episodes in a TV show. :lol:

Sadly, not so much humor on the U2 site (O.K., one of the album names was funny).

If anyone can edit these, PLEASE do so. I've seen some funny things at Interference - clearly U2 and Bono deserve more than bad puns (like calling Bono "Boner" - oh, that's hilarious :rolleyes: ).

1972 - Bruce Lee, seeing Bono's ego threatening his death in a catastrophic explosion, makes the Sun a repository for Bono's ego. When in millions of years the Sun engulfs the solar system, it is not as a result of processing heavier elements but as Bono's ego has over-inflated. And as he kills babies.

1994: Bono loses his virginity (for the third time) in an incident involving The Edge, the Nazca tectonic plate and seven mutants from Chernobyl.

:lmao:

Oopsy... spelled "parody" wrong above (shouldn't post at work! :shame: ).

Anyway, there were some funny things on Bono (y'all have pointed them out), but I felt they could be so much better (and the Bono/Boner nonsense is old). Hopefully there's some new stuff there. :D

He is believed to be the one only and true son of the flying spaghetti monster and will soon be boiled and strained for our sins

lulz to the 10th degree.

Bug said:
He is believed to be the one only and true son of the flying spaghetti monster and will soon be boiled and strained for our sins
I'm a Pastafarian, so this makes me very happy. I always knew that one day Bono would be my saviour :love:

But someone so needs to edit that to include Bono's obsessions with shiny objects and beachballs :wink:

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I'm a Pastafarian, so this makes me very happy. I always knew that one day Bono would be my saviour :love:

But someone so needs to edit that to include Bono's obsessions with shiny objects and beachballs :wink:
A fellow Pastafarian :love:

*LMFAO* :lmao:
I really shouldn't have looked at this at work... maybe just because it was Friday afternoon, but that bit about the Red Hill not really being red and sparsely vegetated... :lol: That whole section actually... and the album names... How to Dismantle the Absurdly Long Album Title or whatever it was... :laugh:

But yes, I'm sure some enterprising Interferencers could improve the entries :D

Back
Top Bottom