Best Song Survivor: War Round Six

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Thanks to Axver's vote re-allocation, Seconds and Surrender tied in the last round, and they were both eliminated. This is War's final round. The three songs not eliminated will move onto quarterfinals. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be kicked out of this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Drowning man, to save Like A Song. To me these are the four best songs of the album, but LAS is on place 2 for me, and DM on four.

Voting for Like a Song to save Drowning Man would make me seem deep and sensitive :hmm:

Fuck it.

Drowning Man.

I like them equally I think, voting for Drowning Man so it's tied and more exciting :p

Galeongirl said:
if it's a tie, it should be Seconds first, alphabetically. :D

But it wasn't a tie really, Axvers vote wasn't to indicate which song was better, or which one he'd rather eliminate first, it was to expedite the process. On the polling alone, Surrender beat Seconds

This is really difficult for me. Like a Song and Drowning Man are both brimming with passion, but expressed in much different ways. I think Drowning Man has just a slight edge because for me it is unique in their catalogue; I've never heard Bono express religious sentiment with such deftness or Edge capture that slashing acoustic guitar tone so perfectly.

Drowning Man, because it's my 4th favorite song on the album and the other three are my top 3.

Drowning Man is exquisite and there's really nothing else in U2's entire catalog that's anything like it. Like a Song is straightforward post-punk badassery, but there's plenty of that in early Eighties U2. So DM is more worthy of progression.

Think these forced double eliminations and re-allocations should be avoidable in the future. Things could get out of hand. The poll must be all.

Like A Song most certainly needs to be eliminated here.

Think these forced double eliminations and re-allocations should be avoidable in the future. Things could get out of hand. The poll must be all.

I can understand your concern, but in the case where I would be willing to bet any sum of money that whichever of Seconds or Surrender lost would be kicked out before Drowning Man or Like a Song...

This round is dead easy: Drowning Man. NYD and Like A Song are easily the two best songs on the album, then SBS, then everything else.

But it wasn't a tie really, Axvers vote wasn't to indicate which song was better, or which one he'd rather eliminate first, it was to expedite the process. On the polling alone, Surrender beat Seconds

Well it is, actually. I view Seconds and Surrender as dead equal, so by using my vote to force a tie, I was expressing my opinion on the relative quality of the two songs. You'd have got exactly the same result if I'd been bothered to stay up until the end of polling, but I don't think Survivor exactly matters that much to disrupt my sleep patterns or be tired at work. :lol:

Anyway, it's not a big deal.

Argh, no! Not what are probbaly the four best songs on War!

Like A Song, but only because Drowning Man is gorgeous and I love it and it doesn't deserve to go. I like Like A Song too. :(

It appears New Year's Day is everyone's favorite, as no one's voted for it yet.

I think I'd only vote to eliminate New Year's Day if the other options were One Tree Hill, A Sort of Homecoming, and Heartland.

LAS

i like it but, i love DM so rich in music, vocals

too bad about Seconds and Surrender . I really like Seconds and i love Surrender...

funny SBS doesn't move me quite as much as it used to musically. Lyrics are still very vibrant, vivid!

And even NYD has dipped a bit as an over-all melody compared to other's on this album though Edge's side-winding keening guitar is still fantastic! Ad's bassline is good, and some good emotional vocals from Bono.

But I'll always have a special place in my heart for it (NYD) b/c I had to give up my War concert tix in nyc ...but as the reccently moved historic Schaeffer Music Festival back then got moved to pier 86 right near where The Intrepid AirCraft Carrier/Museum now sits; the Circle Line was there. I "schemed" and took one of the afternoon CL Cruises hoping...and i was right/lucky... :hyper:..I got to hear Adam's opening bassline and Edge on electric keyboard as our boat pulled out of the pier! It was my first time hearing in person anything by them live! I could see them- equivilant of ...hmm.... row LL (after all the single letter "rows" were filled) I always regretted giving the tix up but at least as everyone else was heading to the concert while I was going to my "obligation"... i have that memory! :love:

Tyagu_Anaykus and youarenotimmune, y'all cray.

edit: didn't see youarenotimmune's post above. You're off the hook! Sorry for my accidental assumption that you were being silly.

I'm somewhat tempted to put this on hold for a few days because of Hurricane Sandy.

Back
Top Bottom