Best Song Survivor: No Line, Round Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
White as Snow was eliminated in the last round. Seven songs remain, competing for No Line on the Horizon's three slots in the 2000s quarterfinal. You have twenty-four hours to vote against your least favorite song. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Looks like it's impossible for Cedars to stay any longer (unfortunately). Unknown Caller it is.

I enjoy Cedars quite a bit, but it doesn't deserve to be in the top three when Fez, Moment of Surrender and No Line On The Horizon (dang these long titles!) are in the same running.

Cedars is probably Bono's most accomplished lyrical moment since frickin 1997. And it's getting shellacked while a song with such splendiferous lines like REBOOT YOURSELF -- MOVE TO TRASH -- OH OHHHH gets a free pass. Not cool :doh:

Well done Cedarse for escaping elimination! Will vote to save it again this round, even though it is unlikely.

Um...did I miss something? I'm looking at the vote tally for the last round and it says 18 votes for both WAS and COL. However, COL is in this round.:shrug: Well glad to see it survived to this round. So again Unknown Caller.

Cedars is probably Bono's most accomplished lyrical moment since frickin 1997. And it's getting shellacked while a song with such splendiferous lines like REBOOT YOURSELF -- MOVE TO TRASH -- OH OHHHH gets a free pass. Not cool :doh:

Because Unknown Caller actually has a good guitar melody and a great solo. While the other is an absolute bore.

didn't you change the rules to get rid of the vote switching from all the tools?
No, I didn't.
Um...did I miss something? I'm looking at the vote tally for the last round and it says 18 votes for both WAS and COL. However, COL is in this round.:shrug: Well glad to see it survived to this round. So again Unknown Caller.

There was a vote change.

I like the song, and the lyrics aren't bad...but they're not THAT good.

I see nothing wrong with that couplet. It's extremely vivid.

Grammatical inconsistencies are more forgivable when writing in character, as Bono does on this song.

Damnit, sucks that WAS is gone. No way should Cedars perish before Unknown Caller or Breathe.

CoL -- the little chorus is beautifully haunting and it reads like an interesting play vignette!
Still- that's not what I would want in a single (as in album) U2 record more than once. Besides all that- i way favor other songs on there.

my top two are:
NOLOTH
Breathe

As a 3-song set> it would be either NLOTH/B/UC, NLOTH/B/FZ-B, Or NLOTH/B/Mag :lol:

Unkwwn Caller, Magnifigent, Fez-Being Born; they shift around some ESP since they are all quite different! Depends on what each of my favorite parts of each of those three appeal to me the most at that time. Now UC tends to win out the most of those 3. And Mag was my solid #3 for at least the first year of Nloth being out.

I love the :applaud: "Chanting" effect of the typical computer commands in UC! :)

:ohmy: I forgot about MOS... it's quite an amazin song in some of it's lyrics, Bono's singing, and some of Edge's playing-- but not in my favorites here in turns of the Melodic lines. And melody, haromies are prime considerations for me. It dosen't always have to be totally beautiful...it can be striking, atmospheric, angst-ridden: say like BTBS !

There's a pretty clear top 5 here, and it's actually pretty damn good. I don't know how anyone can prefer HTDAAB when you see how dull its top 5 was.

There's a pretty clear top 5 here, and it's actually pretty damn good. I don't know how anyone can prefer HTDAAB when you see how dull its top 5 was.

Assuming the current polling holds, round six is going to be a bloodbath for Unknown Caller (though that might be alleviated if the Magnificent vote bounces back), then round seven is going to be one hell of a tussle.

I like the song, and the lyrics aren't bad...but they're not THAT good.

It's possibly my favourite song on the album, but I agree that the lyrics aren't THAT amazing, the bit about soldiers "taking oranges from a tank" makes me cringe a little.

Unknown Caller to go.

Back
Top Bottom