Best Song Survivor: Achtung Baby Round Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Acrobat for me. Mysterious Ways is one of my favorite U2 songs - probably the sexiest thing they have ever done.

I don't care what happens, so long as Acrobat survives.

Reality is, though, that One and UV are, by a fucking mile, the weakest tracks here.

I'll throw my vote from One to either EBTTRT or Mysterious Ways to either save Acrobat or drag one of those two down with it. Can you move my vote accordingly, Digitize? Saving Acrobat would be the top priority.

Too bad LIB is gone.
My vote here goes to Acrobat, which will probably go this round, and then, then shit will get serious.

I'd change my vote to Even Better Than the Real Thing. I rate that song and Zoo Station basically the same.

Is it allowed to change your vote to save a song?

If yes, then please change my vote to EBTTRT.

Ok, I'm ok with votes being changed before the poll closes like we've been doing, but I have a small problem with saying change them to "either this or that" to save a song. That makes it impossible for people to vote accordingly themselves, when trying to help their own songs. We need to be at least able to get an accurate current vote count, even if it means having to read through the thread and tallying the changes. Just my thought on it. :reject:

Looking like Even Better Than The Real Thing has a better shot at elimination, so I'll move my vote from One to that one to help save Acrobat.

Digitize, could you change my vote from Even Better Than The Real Thing to Wild Honey or maybe Love and Peace Or Else if that helps to save If God Will Send His Angels? :up:

Digitize, could you change my vote from Even Better Than The Real Thing to Wild Honey or maybe Love and Peace Or Else if that helps to save If God Will Send His Angels? :up:

:lol: All joking aside, I'd like to suggest from next round onwards everyone should be asked to commit to their original choice (with the only exception being if they accidentally clicked on a song they didn't intend to). The plasticity of the voting is making this contest somewhat....farcical. ( I know this is just a fun online poll for shits and giggles while U2 extend their hibernation, but seeing people get riled up is part of the fun dammit. People will just develop a "meh, who cares" attitude if votes are changed on a whim. Just my 2c).

But it's Acrobat. You can't eliminate this song, simply because it hasn't been played live! That's why it's so popular! Just like Stranger in a Strange Land, Elvis Presley and America or The Playboy Mansion!

Oh wait.

:lol: All joking aside, I'd like to suggest from next round onwards everyone should be asked to commit to their original choice (with the only exception being if they accidentally clicked on a song they didn't intend to). The plasticity of the voting is making this contest somewhat....farcical. ( I know this is just a fun online poll for shits and giggles while U2 extend their hibernation, but seeing people get riled up is part of the fun dammit. People will just develop a "meh, who cares" attitude if votes are changed on a whim. Just my 2c).

Or lots of people will simply wait til the last second to vote and you'll see 20 votes in the first 23 hours of the poll and 30 in the last hour because people will wait to make sure their favorite songs don't get eliminated. This way the votes can get out there. Anyway....

Digitize, sorry to join the bandwagon, but please change my vote to save Acrobat. :sad: My favourite U2 song must survive.

For now it looks like EBTTRT would be the choice. My vote is currently on MW.

Such is the power of Acrobat.

Damn, now the Universe will implode.

Oh wait, we're all screwed on friday anyway. Nobody will notice it's because of our agreement. :D

But yea, I'm shocked it's going out so fast. Last survivors it always went to the next rounds if I remember correctly. :sad:

Yeah, votes are not to be changed after the poll is closed. I've made that policy clear before. Before the poll closes, however, it is, and shall remain, a free-for-all.

Just FYI, it'll be awhile until I can make the new poll. Sorry for the delay.

Back
Top Bottom