Best Cover U2 has ever done live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convoy

Acrobat
I was just wondering, which song do you feel U2 has done the best cover of live?

Tough call, but if I had to pick one it would probebly be Helter Skelter.

I also like the covers of C'mon Everybody (really ragged but cool), Wont Get Fooled Again and I Shall Be Released (the version done during The JT tour)

Won't Get Fooled Again!

Someone help me tab out the solo for that song! Please! Hit me on AIM (fenderzigocaster) and i can send you the sound file!

Hmmm, when was Paint It Black covered live? I dont think it has been but please correct me if I'am wrong as I would like to know. Also Two Shots Of Happy, One Shot of Sad is not a cover song. U2 wrote it for Frank Sinatra. I guess the recorded version is technically live but I'am not aware of a time when the full song was performed in concert (I think Bono has done some impromptu snippets only)

Last edited:
People Get Ready would be a contender except for the fans joining in.

Definitely Won't Get Fooled Again.

..and maybe Dancing Queen (Rotterdam version):wink:

Can't Help Falling In Love circa Zoo TV. You just gotta admire Bono's falsetto, and his re-interpretation of Elvis.

Cheers,

J

i've always liked the studio version of Fortunate Son and Paint It Black on the U2 Single for WGRYWH

:eek: I was running up subway] to Irving Plaza that night after the satilite-cast was 1/3 way through to see if Icould hear them from outside the biulding!

I couldn't[but saw them them very briefly when they were interviewed by MTV outside past the stagedoor.

So I missed WGFA [I'm a big Who fan]. Somehow it didn't get taped when my roomate turned over the casette n my portable boombox. :(

pepokiss said:
ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER... 12/31/89

HOLY SH*T... THAT'S REAL ROCK AND F*CKING ROLL :hyper:

I agree. I think the transition out of Desire is one of my favorite live song pairs.

MrBrau1 said:
How about All Along The Watchtower from Love town? Not the crap version from RH, but the scorcher from 89?

VH1 classic showed a video of that version, from Lovetown tour, I agree, that was way better than the one on RH.

thrillme said:

VH1 classic showed a video of that version, from Lovetown tour, I agree, that was way better than the one on RH.

That version WAS SO HARD ASS ROCKING THE ROCK HARD ASS. Best version ever!

Another vote for All Along The Watchtower from LoveTown - that's the kind of rock and roll I'd like to see U2 get back to again. I especially like Edge's quasi-Hendrix solo. :up:

Back
Top Bottom