Are U2 still relevant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Daveone said:
With all the band now a few years into their 40's do you think they will be able to win over new age groups with HTDAAB and its singles? Do you think Vertigo will appeal to and win over 15, 16 and 17 year olds, has the likes of 'I Will Follow' and 'New Years Day did to many of the more established U2 fans? I think its a stormer of a track and personally i think its pretty cool but do any of you guys have opinions on this - will it attract a new crowd to U2 concerts? I would love it to do, because i feel good rock and roll should appeal to 15 and 16 year old kids, and if it doesn't then it seems kind of irrelevant. I think it's important U2 stay relevant and make music that inspires and attracts teenagers. I'm kinda biased in this view because i'm 18 but I think for U2 to be successful with HTDAAB and get decent radio airplay etc and stay 'cool' they need to do this.
Take a look at this thread http://forum.interference.com/t96517.html

Of course U2 are still revlant otherwise they wouldnt be here still, im 16 and ive been a fan since 2001, my brothers are fans, they got me into music seriously, because theyre class......

Back
Top Bottom