Album 13 Talk: Insert cori .gif Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard the demo. I am gonna take a punt and say that this is real. Will be quite happy if I am right

We get some Bono vocals on this and I'm gonna be like
tumblr_ljmgt7CMhs1qdhqfw.gif

Well, depends on WHAT kind of Bono vocals.......

I can hear "Stand Up Comedy" type thing over this and it'll ruin the whole fucking tune.

If he soars with something ala "Wire" or even "Gone" then we're ok......

Well, depends on WHAT kind of Bono vocals.......

I can hear "Stand Up Comedy" type thing over this and it'll ruin the whole fucking tune.

If he soars with something ala "Wire" or even "Gone" then we're ok......

In my head he is flat out wailing. Lots of moans and good solid vocal parts.

I'm feeling very Achtung Baby with this one. And I'm liking it. :heart:

My only problem with it's authenticity is that, while they're tuned to Eb, which is common for them, the bass notes go to low Db's and C's......notes you'd only play on a 5 string bass.....unless it's bass pedals ala Streets.....but it sounds like bass guitar to me.....and Adam ain't playing no 5 string bass at this point...

hmmmm....

I dig whatever it is though...

It may or may not be new album-related, but Apple is looking to buy Beats Electronics. I skimmed through the article and found this tidbit:
Following a deal, Mr. Iovine would likely take a position at Apple, one of these people said. Mr. Iovine has long had close relations with Apple, whose former CEO, the late Steve Jobs, sometimes stayed as a guest at Mr. Iovine's home when visiting Los Angeles. Mr. Iovine also brokered a deal to create a special red U2 iPod, preloaded with music by the veteran Irish rock band, with whom Mr. Iovine has long worked in various capacities, including as a music producer. A spokeswoman for Mr. Iovine declined to comment.

While it was unclear what Mr. Iovine's title at Apple would be, he is expected to use his industry clout to help strengthen iTunes Radio, with a particular eye toward generating more advertising revenue, one of these people said.
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304431104579550392146532138?mod=LS1

She already announced her new album, for May 27th, so I think you can scratch her off the list:
Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse. New Album 5/27 - Mariah Carey Official Blog

(Sorry for even linking to her website, but what kind of album title is that? :lol:)

Yeah from what I read somewhere, she announced her album but everything is going to be digitally released. So perhaps that drew the Beyonce comparisons.

I'm not saying a possible Beats/Apple merger = U2 surprise release. (Although it COULD happen. Especially as Iovine would be on board.) It just brings to mind all that talk from a couple months back, is all.

It's Mariah Carry who will be doing that "surprise" release

Yeah from what I read somewhere, she announced her album but everything is going to be digitally released. So perhaps that drew the Beyonce comparisons.

I'm not saying a possible Beats/Apple merger = U2 surprise release. (Although it COULD happen. Especially as Iovine would be on board.) It just brings to mind all that talk from a couple months back, is all.

I dont think the itunes thing was ever said to be a surprise release.. but an itunes exclusive.. with the artist doing all kinds of build-up via social media to promote. So, could still be Mariah.

That leaked "demo" sounds like it would be used for a 2014 reboot of the Jesse Hawkes series.

Sent from my AT300 using U2 Interference mobile app

There's a couple of nuances in that "demo" to certainly say it's real. I just fear that it's a sound of rehashed b-side pop/achtung baby. I would rather them go back to the October and War days if they're going to the vaults. Nothing to write home about even if it is just a demo.

exactly..that demo is not u2 at all ! the drums are a dead give away and so is the bass .

I doubt it as well. Without Bono vocals it is difficult to tell unless you have a credible source. Youtube uploader with no apparant connection to anything in the U2 camp unfortunately is not a credible source. :hmm: Or maybe it is in this day and age!

I could post an instrumental jam that I know is U2 but I could not prove it and I'm not a credible source. ;) :lol: I'm random U2 internet fan. Just like this Youtube video. Seems awfully well produced to not have vocals on it yet. Usually Bono at least has some Bonogolese on it by that stage. Hell, he usually does in the jam phase, unless he is not there in the studio or soundcheck when it is done. :hmm:

This gets me thinking: Maybe U2 should put out an album without any Bono. 9 or 10 rip-roaring instrumentals. A common language for all people to embrace. The next evolution of rock 'n roll.

Um, no thank you...

And I don't think an album of rock instrumentals would be a common language for all to embrace, otherwise there would be a lot more instrumental bands out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom