Album 13: Shit Gets Real

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what Bank of America fans are saying about the partnership with U2 on their fan forum.

"Those members of U2 are too honest to stay in partnership with us, ffs!!! They just moved their taxes from Ireland and that was all, shall we say more?? I loathe that our bank has to donate a buck for every download of a song of good sentiments. I would rather have a partnership with MacPhisto, but this is too much...bleurgh".

indeed he has.

bono-ghana-SKrillex-dada-life.jpg

in comparison, bank of america seems pretty great.

Who are those people next to Bono?

:up: And this right there, is all that matters. New. Music. New. Album.

*clears throat, channeling inner MacPhisto* FUCK YEAH!

*cue Batman*

This :up:

also CK, if your heading down to SRQ - PM me I've been mostly living in the northeast - house is yours whenever you guys want!

I wonder what Bank of America fans are saying about the partnership with U2 on their fan forum.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

I'm sure they are deeply disappointed :tsk:

Seriously, my boyfriend, who's not very much into U2, said today that he doesn't get the controversy because here where we live many bands, artists or cultural initiatives get sponsoring from big corporate banks or are partnering with corporations, even though they don't have the best reputation, but that's where the money is.

Without the banks or other corporations, half of our culture wouldn't even exist. Bands, theaters, gallerys, museums big or small, they all get this kind of sponsorship and they are hardly ever criticized for it.

Btw, thanks for the video of the interview, I just saw it posted on Twitter. I think we should stop discussing the question now whether or not Invisible will be on the album. Unless they decide to throw it out before the album gets released :lol:

I honestly couldn't give a damn about them partnering with BoA for this. To be honest, the only ones who'll care are the ones who already hate them. The world's been fed with all this stuff about avoiding taxes, shit (literally) in South Park and discussing politics with George W. Bush and Tony Blair. Yet most people only seem to care about the music they put out.

If the song is good, if the commercial is fancy and focuses on the right things (aka the song being free and for charity) then it will turn out fine. If the song is shit (which would surprise me since they're confident enough to put it in a freakin' Super Bowl-commercial) then things won't turn out well for them. But BoA doesn't really feel like the make-or-break deal here, it's the song.

Arguably the biggest song of their career feb 2. The pressure is on.

This is when they usually shine brightest

Hangar clips sound like it has the potential

Agree

This seems like one of those make or break moments. They are no doubt putting their best foot forward with this song based on using the Super Bowl platform. I hope it blows us away.

If not I will for the first time be truly worried

Hangar clips sound like it has the potential What are the chances of this song leaking? Slim to none?

I would say 0% chance. This thing will be locked down until iTunes releases it. The only scenario I could see is if Dave Fanning got a 1st play or something.....so I guess a 1% chance then.

Umm, no. Their career is already legendary and at this point it's just gravy. A fight for autumnal relevance but not exactly make-or-break.

True, but it's now at point of whether or not keeping the foot on the pedal is going to pay off or lead to a crash and burn.

Umm, no. Their career is already legendary and at this point it's just gravy. A fight for autumnal relevance but not exactly make-or-break.

Downplay it all you like, but if this song fizzles so could U2. I am as big a fan as they come and even with my narrow "U2 before any other band" I realize this

This song is very important

Downplay it all you like, but if this song fizzles so could U2. I am as big a fan as they come and even with my narrow "U2 before any other band" I realize this

This song is very important

Agreed. And if this song at all manages to break in with the Cynical Millennials, that could be a pretty big boon for U2.

It's encouraging that they are even trying though. With the kind of music that is popular these days, they could easily push for artistic and critical quality, without the 12 year old girls being into it. This is ballsy, and if it works, we could take music back from the kids who stole it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom