Album 13: Arguing/Punning/Meme-ing/Discussion thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this goes here;

I saw Garth Brooks is playing 2 shows at Dublin Croke Park on July 25-26. If they sell out quickly, he'll probably add more.

Does this mean U2 won't be able to play there? I thought there was some sort of allotment for allowed concerts there per year? Just thought you Irish fans might like to know in case there's some sort of issue with stadium availability this summer.

Come on, that's not a bad performance, band is very much into it, Bono especially. But I agree with everyone saying that there was no real reason for the band to be there without being nominated for a Grammy. They've had plenty opportunity for promotion and actually did a lot of promotion for NLOTH around that time.

Come on, that's not a bad performance, band is very much into it, Bono especially. But I agree with everyone saying that there was no real reason for the band to be there without being nominated for a Grammy. They've had plenty opportunity for promotion and actually did a lot of promotion for NLOTH around that time.

I seem to recall a week's worth of Letterman and then a GMA appearance. :drool:

That was the beginnings of happybouncingbassboy. :shifty:

band are selling it well, yes..

ultimately, ye olde methods of promotion failed them in 2009.. this year needs something different.

I saw Garth Brooks is playing 2 shows at Dublin Croke Park on July 25-26. If they sell out quickly, he'll probably add more.

Does this mean U2 won't be able to play there? I thought there was some sort of allotment for allowed concerts there per year? Just thought you Irish fans might like to know in case there's some sort of issue with stadium availability this summer.

They could always play the Aviva

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

So we know we have 12 songs, we know we have a new single where the info is coming out "within days" and they are starting to book shows.

No way in hell this thing is NOT coming out in April.

2 for Garth Brooks and 3 for One Direction is already 5, so there is no such rule.

U2, guys.

U2.

Jimmy Fallon will feature U2 for his first show as the Tonight Show host.
Jimmy Fallon used to host Late Night.
Seth Myers will take over as host of the Late Show after Jimmy Fallon.
Seth Myers will feature Amy Poehler for his first show as the Late Show host.
Amy Poehler made out with Bono at the Golden Globes.
Bono sings on Invisible.

U2, guys.

U2.

You guys, I called into work today because I thought there's be a big announcement.!!!111!!1

you're better than this...

I thought my skepticism came through much clearer. ;)

I'm sorry I can't talk about it. I've said too much already.

awergdf_zps495194ba.gif

It's very unlikely that you'll need to drop $500. The best seats on the last tour were $250. With a presale, you'll probably be able to get those seats pretty easily. General admission is more difficult, although you'll still probably be okay. GA tickets are in the $50 range. If you have a $500 budget, you'll have no issue getting GA tickets on the secondary market.

Thanks!

God, I'm so psyched for this tour :hyper:

There was an article where the writer mentioned Bono playing songs from the album, and Invisible was one of them.

I think it is extremely unlikely it is not on the album, whether or not it's used in conjunction with a (RED) thing or not.

I'm still thinking that part of the album proceeds are going to go towards (RED). :hmm:

It would make the most sense. Especially if the album release is in conjunction with a new streaming service/download tool.

"Buy our album and 10% of each album sold goes to buy AIDS drugs for Africa!" Yep, sounds exactly like Bono. And it would help drive album sales as opposed to people just downloading the tracks they like; ie the single.

Other than the song sucking, I don't see anything wrong with this....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom