Adam is the coolest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aren't cool and cold interchangeable synonyms? Clayton is so cold he lacks fire whenever he performs serving a stark contrast to Bono and The Edge.

Cheers,

J

i think it's a tie between adam, larrry, and edge for coolness. larry, especially these days, refuses to show any hint of emotion. pretty cool. adam goes out with supermodels, skips a show, has silver hair. pretty cool. edge plays mean gutiar, doesn't show much emotion unless he needs to, and behind his guitar keeps enough electronics to power a small state. pretty cool.

i can't choose!

I think the ever-so-stoic Mullen is a more charismatic performer than Clayton, who seems to be as charismatic as a block of wood.

Cheers,

J

I think the fact that Adam just hangs out and plays his bass makes him even cooler. If he jumped around while playing bass, it wouldnt be as good.

I don't know, Adam and his past adventures compared to Larry Mullen's one word answers, hanging behind his drum kit and never smiling. Have you read Flannigan's book? I don't know how you can call Adam less charismatic than Larry. Mullen Jr is the man, but I go with Adam on this one. Plus, hes a better bass player than LMJ is a drummer.

Are you kidding, I would love to see adam do some moves on stage, lol. That part in Streets from Rattle and Hum where the camera is following Bono, and Adam kind of does this twirl away from Bono, it was...beautiful :)

In "Under a Blood Red Sky" I loved it, but now that hes in his mid 40's....not really. Nothing is cooler when he is just standing still, bobbing his head, and smoking while playing his bass. :up:

SpaceBoy said:
Wow, you really hate Adam don't you?

No, I have nothing against Clayton. Have you heard this age old joke among U2 circles?

Q: Where would have happened if Dick Evans did not quit U2 early on?
A: Clayton would have been in some Irish pub now selling whisky and U2 would have sold 50 million more records than they already have now.

Cheers,

J

Last edited:
jick said:

No, I have nothing against Clayton. Have you heard this age old joke among U2 circles?

A: Clayton would have been in some Irish pub now selling whisky and U2 would have sold 50 million more records than they already have now.

Cheers,

J

ha ha ha, thats the funniest joke i have ever heard... NOT
you have got to be kidding me right?!
are you sure its age old and you didnt just make it up now? :lol:

thats sucj a bunch of :censored:

oh, and adam is soooooooo very cool!

jick said:

Cheers,

J

Could you please be more disrespectful to Adam and to everybody else who have the exact opposite idea than you? :rolleyes: You have no class man. No class at all. Shit stirring and attention seeking don’t go down well. :down: Fucking lame.

I hate to say it because I love the man, but you have an avitar of LMJ on your profile and IMO, if you had to pick one, he's the weakest link in the group. All my friends who have rock n' roll knowledge an/or are musicians says he's a good drummer, but not a great one. Don't want to make it look like I'm bashing him, cause I love him. But whenever someone hates on Adam...

Larry dominates those 3 first albums. There's all kinds of beats there. Everywhere! Really interesting and dynamic. He makes those songs much better! :up: He has taken a sligthly more minimalistsic approach as the years came. Still I think Beautiful Day and his live performances of Elevation are just great and some of his best moments. Just listen to BD and Elevation's performance from SNL and just pay attention to the drums. Absolutely awesome! :yes:

Another joke:

Q: Why did U2 not play With Or Without You in some Lovetown and Elevation legs?

A: Adam forgot the basslines and had to relearn them.

But bear in mind, this is all just a joke. I think Clayton is an above-average bass player who is not a liability to U2 at all.

Cheers,

J

don't bash my Adam :censored:

he is cool, he's a good bass player because completes his function and that's enough

Last edited:
jick said:
Another joke:

Q: Why did U2 not play With Or Without You in some Lovetown and Elevation legs?

A: Adam forgot the basslines and had to relearn them.

But bear in mind, this is all just a joke. I think Clayton is an above-average bass player who is not a liability to U2 at all.

Cheers,

J

for something to be ajoke - it has to be reasonably funny. or for a starter, even if it isn't funny, at least have a punch line
these have neither so what is the point exactly?

Adam *is* the coolest of the cool. For that I definitely agree.

Bass guitarists are almost always the coolest.

I tell you I would just love to hang back with him, smoke some kb, and jam.

I was blessed with the opportunity to meet him once, briefly- and his spirit definitely shines.

elfyx said:
Adam *is* the coolest of the cool. For that I definitely agree.

Bass guitarists are almost always the coolest.

I tell you I would just love to hang back with him, smoke some kb, and jam.

I was blessed with the opportunity to meet him once, briefly- and his spirit definitely shines.
:up:

Back
Top Bottom