Abbey Road Week One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

celebhights.com has billy joe armstrong listed at 5'7", bono is listed at 5'6 1/2", larry is listed at 5'7"

eddie vedder's also 5'7"... something about short rock stars

conan o'brien on the other hand is listed as 6'4"... he'd kick all three of their asses :wink:

u sure :S , on some other celeb thing bono was at 5,7 and billie was at 5,5. I always had larry down as 5,9.

no way larry is that short:ohmy:

btw dont forget all on that picture i think bono and billie are wearing 2 inch thick shoes , well bono is lol.

ya, Bono looks sharp. like the new look. pretty cool pretty cool.

like everything about this....there's no way its going to be on a new u2 record, its just a single. and i can't wait to hear it :drool:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i dig it

suit and tie short haired bono > evil kineval jacket mullet bono > marching band jacket bono > pink ruffle shirt bono

Yeah i gotta admit and im 17 lol that bono looked cool there. I think suits like that work for him.

There is zero chance of the collaboration being on the new album.

Somebody quick say something hopeful and positive so Your Blue Room has something to post about.

Listening to 402 and watching the Abbey Road video...

This new album/tour is going to kick HTDDAB's *ss. :| And I love HTDAAB.

Wow...what a song. :drool:

Larry looks like Pop Larry (which is the best one)

If only Bono could channel his Passengers look :love:

bram said:
There is zero chance of the collaboration being on the new album.

Somebody quick say something hopeful and positive so Your Blue Room has something to post about.

As usual, that's my job, I guess. :wink:

If U2 hurry this thing up and stop screwing around, a new single by spring is feasible. So they have to tour for a few weeks, big freaking deal. It's not like they'll be gone for 6 months or anything. I've never understood that whole "OMG no album in a year cuz they have to tour!1!!:drool: "

:(

LemonMelon said:

If only Bono could channel his Passengers look :love:

The "look at me I'm channeling Trotsky" look? Pass.

I don't mind suits but this look strikes me as his best "don Bono" impersonation.

U2girl said:

The "look at me I'm channeling Trotsky" look? Pass.

I don't mind suits but this look strikes me as his best "don Bono" impersonation.

trotsky.jpg

Bono? Is that you? :huh:

LemonMelon said:

As usual, that's my job, I guess. :wink:

If U2 hurry this thing up and stop screwing around, a new single by spring is feasible. So they have to tour for a few weeks, big freaking deal. It's not like they'll be gone for 6 months or anything. I've never understood that whole "OMG no album in a year cuz they have to tour!1!!:drool: "

I think that a single (besides the Green Day one) could come even before the spring if they get things together. An album, sure, next spring or later; but just a single--I think definitely possible. The Edge quotes from Time mention that they'd already met with Rubin in the summer & that they're hoping to officially record a few songs while they're in Abbey Road now. If that's the case, then at least those few songs could be wrapped up in the not-too-distant future, I would think. Even if they're not fully mixed & produced when the band leaves the studio to tour, one or more songs could be finished by Rubin or whomever & still have input and adjustments from the band, what with email, Edge's laptop mixing programs, etc.

Last edited:
The question I still have but no one has been able to answer me yet is this: Will there even be a Green Day/U2 studio single? Or are they simply rehearsing for their live duel band performance? Apparently they will be releasing the live version of it for download after the performance. I haven't heard anything about a single, but it seems common knowledge on this forum. Have I missed something?

Michael Griffiths said:
The question I still have but no one has been able to answer me yet is this: Will there even be a Green Day/U2 studio single? Or are they simply rehearsing for their live duel band performance? Apparently they will be releasing the live version of it for download after the performance. I haven't heard anything about a single, but it seems common knowledge on this forum. Have I missed something?

I would think so ... It hasn't been stated yet.. but there is this bit from an article about their collaboration.. I would think they did some studio time on this/aka laid it down..

In addition to the live broadcast, Rhapsody will offer a live
streaming audio webcast of the entire Monday Night Football pre-game
show featuring U2 and Green Day via www.rhapsody. com. Shortly after
the event, fans will have the ability to buy a download from U2 and
Green Day's performance via Rhapsody. All net proceeds will go
directly to Music Rising. Both the exclusive Music Rising charity
track and select exclusive footage from the performance will be
available for a limited time via www.rhapsody. com/musicrising. A
simultaneous radio broadcast offered to radio stations by Westwood
One worldwide will encourage solidarity across the globe for the
people of New Orleans and the efforts to rebuild from destruction.
Westwood One is providing the broadcast on a non-exclusive and
uninterrupted basis.

i don't think I answered your question but at least this definitely leans toward a studio single being released.

Cool, thanks U2Fanatic4ever. So there are no official reports of a single being released - yet. I'm sure they recorded a studio version, but what we will be able to download is the live performance of it.... and at some point in the not so distant future we will likely have the studio version I'm sure.

whatever happened to the new album almost being done due to so many good tracks not being able to be included on HTDAAB? I mean, it's not like they would necessarily have to record 12 new tracks in order to finish the album. So maybe the album COULD come out sooner than normal. But their formula is obviously solid, so no need to break with tradition I guess.

I'm hoping the fall/winter tour doesn't add time to when the next tour officially starts. I think we might see the '08 tour come to reality. It seems like they're really in the middle of all of this and a lot closer to finishing than starting. Does anyone remember how much time elapsed between the rumored theft of the HTDAAB demo and the beginning of the tour?

also it is interesting to see that they're using rhapsody as a distribution channel considering Bono's relationship with Steve Jobs. rhapsody is a Best Buy entity so it seems as though they are getting first dibs just like they do with the band's cd's.

in any event it's nice to have these surges of activity with all the cool stuff that's going on.

Hey, just saw that although Bono was wearing shoes (in the Abbey Road photo shoot), he wasn't wearing socks, so maybe the idea was to cross without shoes.

There... I said it.

A posting from Habib meeting Adam outside of Abbey Road Studios:

http://forum.interference.com/t165129.html

For all U2 fans, on your behalf, I asked the most important question 'When's the new album coming out ?' to which I was met with the glorious, maybe over optimisitic, but downright optimistic reply of 'hopefully in the next couple of months'.

:hyper:

They really WANT to put out a new album before the tour resumes.

:hyper: :drool:

Westport said:
U2.com may have shot their load.

They're nothing without that little blue pill.

Yes, and now they're left with somewhat of a mess on their hands.

U2.com emailed me the studio diary part 2, and told me to post it all to you cause they were too lazy to upload it on the website. So here it is.

Monday: Rick Rubin and Bono got into a fist fight, because Rick made a suggestion at changing a lyric. I mean, it was a bloody mess. Bono says "screw this, I'm going to the states". So there's Rubin and Edge, Adam and Larry, understandably pissed at Rubin for hurting one of their oldest friends Bono. They try to carry on and work on the current in-studio favorite, "(Don't give up on) Believing (in Africa)", but Edge thinks the middle 8 is a little weak, but Rubin disagrees. Rubin thinks they should just finish the album by the end of the week. Edge agrees and says he doesn't want to spend much time on it, but then backsteps and says they're only beginning the recording process. Rubin exclaims "JESUS CHRIST!!! THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING?? Shit, we've been working on these songs for 3 weeks now! How much more time do you need?" They end up sitting silently on opposite sides of the room, pouting until finally Rubin leaves at 11pm.

Tuesday: Edge looks up at 7am and realizes the Rubin left 8 hours ago, so he won the pouting contest. Then he realizes the master tape has been stolen. "SHIT!" he yells, "3 weeks of work ruined!" He calls Rubin, and Rubin says he has delivered the album to Radio One, and they are to broadcast the entire thing at noon. "Don't worry Edge, I think we've got about 15 finished tunes on here" Rubin assures him. But Edge knows better. There were 0 finished songs, and 5 of the tracks on the master tapes were just him practicing Tom Jones songs for Karaoke night next week. Track #12 was a farting contest Adam and Bono had last week. He really had to get to Radio One before it was too late.

Adam and Larry were both called into action. They run to the studio, and see the DJ putting the disc in the player, and his finger is slowly going towards the play button. "NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Adam screams as everything suddenly switches to slow motion. He leaps across the room and manages to unplug the cd player before anything can be broadcast, and millions of bootleggers can get to work.

Dinner consisted of Adam, Edge, Larry, McG, and Rubin at Norman's restaurant Nude. They all enjoyed it.

Wednesday: Rubin is fired, and Bono and Larry tell a few fans outside the studio to spread the word that the album won't be released in 2006 or 2007. Also, just to be mean, Larry says "and if you keep bitching at me, we'll also cancel the Milan DVD." The fan pleads for him to reconsider, but Larry says "Fine, fuck it that's it! You won't get your Milan DVD, and I'll have to think about letting you have Popmart."

Thursday: Nothing happened.

Friday: Nothing happened... nor will it for awhile.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom