9 minutes of new U2 posted on U2exit!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ntalwar said:

In the HTDAAB Grammy press conference(I believe), Bono said something like "That was a pair of albums". So I don't expect part 3.

BeLIEve me, I don't want to see the trilogy theory come to fruition myself...I'd love a new direction ;)

Good reference ntalwar, I forgot about that quote//

Lay down your guns//

well, now I've heard all 3.

Interesting. That's about it. Nice to hear something new, even though the quality is just horrible.

I personally love a good melody, so these songs have good potential there. 1st song seems to have some decent guitar going on, so that's a plus. I'd love to get a more "edgy" guitar with melody album.

As far as the coldplay and "clocks" comparision, I just don't see it. Sounds like a typical U2 demo/song with piano.

This is a nice diversion for the summer, especially since we have a new book, resumed tour, and maybe a new single in the next few months.

I wish there was a place we could find these clips without having to wade through the constant bitching that goes on :mad: :huh: :sad: :| :wink:

I also love the "a-ha a-ha a-ha" between 1:30 and 1:33, is there a chorus in 1st song?

Wonder if 1 and 3 (interesting bluesy solo) are the same song, with "all of my..." lyrics?
As far as I can see, 1 and 3 are full-band and more developed. 2 is probably a demo (love it, how it turns from poppy to epic in 3:30, great vocals), as is no. 4.
I also liked the "get out of my head" youtube link.

Overall I thought we'd be hearing stuff more like the first youtube link, but good to see the band further along.

Last edited:
I want at least song three to go somewhere, and if one did as well I'd be happy, but I hope they do a bit more to two...I don't know the more I listen the more it seems a little...not sure how to describe that...

And on another note...though the people this concerns don't appear to be online anymore...however, It's plain to me, Radiohead is NOT popular in the US....what's popular in the US is Black-Eyed Peas, and Nelly, and Shakira, and all that Jazz (fall-out boy, All-American Rejects) and to say that Good Charlotte is a crappy American band (which I totally agree with) doesn't make any difference, people in the US are just gonna keep listening to them for at least a few more years or the 100 other bands that sound just like th em

I'm not sure if this has been clarified yet, but was this recording just blaring out the window, or in the open air of france?

Do we have any history on the source? just curious//

According to Fredo from U2achtung, in the other 9 minutes "there is a song enough rock'n'roll which I like " (translated from French)

I think I only know 2 C-ldplay songs. Thank god! I don't listen to them and no desire to. So I have no idea what you are all comparing.

Finally caught up to page 27 ::|

Lila64 said:
I think I only know 2 C-ldplay songs. Thank god! I don't listen to them and no desire to. So I have no idea what you are all comparing.

Finally caught up to page 27 ::|

Exactly...I know Clocks and Speed of Sound...and Speed of Sound sounded like U2 to me not the other way around...

gorman said:
According to Fredo from U2achtung, in the other 9 minutes "there is a song enough rock'n'roll which I like " (translated from French)

:hyper: where is it?

i really like song#3 :drool: :drool:

bono_212 said:
I want at least song three to go somewhere, and if one did as well I'd be happy, but I hope they do a bit more to two...I don't know the more I listen the more it seems a little...not sure how to describe that...

And on another note...though the people this concerns don't appear to be online anymore...however, It's plain to me, Radiohead is NOT popular in the US....what's popular in the US is Black-Eyed Peas, and Nelly, and Shakira, and all that Jazz (fall-out boy, All-American Rejects) and to say that Good Charlotte is a crappy American band (which I totally agree with) doesn't make any difference, people in the US are just gonna keep listening to them for at least a few more years or the 100 other bands that sound just like th em

just to let you know...i am a huge RH fan!!! and I live in the US.. I think their fan base is pretty huge here considering how frickin hard it was to get tickets for their North American tour that just ended. All shows sold out instantly! I only ended up being able to go to one of the shows in philly. They are not hyped up in the press the way U2 is but trust me their fan base is big and strong... just sort of underlying or giving the impression that its not as big.. and also the fact that RH tends to go against the grain sorta meaning they don't seem to like to jump on the publicity bandwagon they tend to shy away from it. It seems they do the minimal publicity thing, only what is absolutely necessary.

sorry folks..back to the topic at hand..:wink:

btw... love the new stuff ! :drool: I don't really see the Coldplay connection other the fact that there is a piano piece in there but as someone mentioned it's not like U2 have never used a piano before..

The 18+ clip is either being uploaded or has been uploaded. We just need to wait. :)

BTW, are these 18 minutes completely original (we haven't heard them yet) or, are they there to complete the 9 minutes we've already heard (such as filling in the parts that were cut off).

Last edited:
Now, I don't speak french, but I've been running some of the thread at u2achtung mentioned earlier through a translation website. Someone double check me here...is zoofred/fredo playing a game with people saying the longer clip is hidden somewhere on their forum? :eyebrow:

LemonMelon said:
The 18+ clip is either being uploaded or has been uploaded. We just need to wait. :)

BTW, are these 18 minutes completely original (we haven't heard them yet) or, are they there to complete the 9 minutes we've already heard (such as filling in the parts that were cut off).

GrumpyDrool.gif

chrissybaby said:
i'm really getting annoyed with all the this Coldplay stuff. Is this all we're gonna have in the run up to this new album? Doesn't anybody have any other reference points?

we're gonna get people on here from Coldplay's forum getting immenese pleasure from all this crap.

Remember that Coldplay were the new Radiohead apparently...

People started attacking me for no reason when I mentioned Coldplay. If I think its good, then I think its good, if I think its bad, then I think its bad, if it reminds of Coldplay, then it reminds me of Coldplay. I don't need the fricken music police to tell me how to think about music.

waynetravis said:
that part on song#2 at about 3.28 - 3.38

i've heard that before :hmm:

I don't know if you're a fan of The Verve, but that part of song two has a strong Verve vibe going on. I think Bono has a real Richard Ashcroft quality in this song.

Forget X & Y Part 2 we could be seeing Urban Hymns 2. I'm of course joking.

LemonMelon said:

yes , they complete the fist clip.
i would say that even for frenchs, its hard to find the clip lol.

U2dork said:
Now, I don't speak french, but I've been running some of the thread at u2achtung mentioned earlier through a translation website. Someone double check me here...is zoofred/fredo playing a game with people saying the longer clip is hidden somewhere on their forum? :eyebrow:

yeah, somethings fishy. . . some of them are saying that the 18 min clip doesnt exist or something :scratch:

Irishteen said:
Do people hear forget piano was in music before an annoying English band came along? "OMG!!!!!! U2 used a piano they are trying to be Coldplay". *listens to Boomtown Rats* "OMG!!!!!!!! Bob Geldof went back in time and started a punk rock band with piano in the songs, all because he wanted to sound like Coldplay :shocked: it's all true :wink:

In my mind Piano in music :yes:

I never claimed anything of the sort. Stop letting your blood boil when you hear the name of Coldplay, thats just plain intolerant.

Okay, I'm done talking about non-U2 stuff when some new U2 has come and more is on the way!! :drool:

kite987 said:
yes its somewhere on the internet:wink:
the clips are in a better quality than in 2004!

yes the sound on these clips is better than on the 2004 ones, you can here larry s drumming with good clarity some one told me that the "rock" song on the 18 mn is a good example...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom