1st minute of LAPOE...MP3!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I got the video from the Amazon deal. Check the first page for a link to it :)

I'll upload more copies of the MP3 and video now.

I really don't think it's a remix. At least one review mentioned a NIN-like intro, and the pace of the song seems to match the beach clip. I guess we'll know soon enough :)

gorman said:
I really don't think it's a remix. At least one review mentioned a NIN-like intro, and the pace of the song seems to match the beach clip. I guess we'll know soon enough :)

I agree, once the gets going the groove is the same as the beach clip. A few of the reviews have stated that it builds out of heavy static type noise before the groove is set, I remember one guy commented on this one being the Mofo of the album, now I get what he means. Sounds real nasty, very cool indeed.

The intro to me reminds me a little of intro to Exit - dark rumbling undertones...

In the 5 min promo clip, just after Larry is interviewed, some sort of remix kicks in.. does anyone know what this is taken from? or is it remix of Vertigo?

Party Boy said:
The intro to me reminds me a little of intro to Exit - dark rumbling undertones...

In the 5 min promo clip, just after Larry is interviewed, some sort of remix kicks in.. does anyone know what this is taken from? or is it remix of Vertigo?

That's one of the Vertigo Jacknifee Lee remixes. I think I have the whole thing somewhere here... I'll upload it for ya.

Here it is: http://s3.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=9FEED7544EE6B9D9132DAA07C68BA889

Since the legality of this is a little different, being that it's a full commercial track, I probably shouldn't upload it, so this will be the only link for it I post.

With that said, this is one of three remixes. There's the 7", which is basically the original version with a different tempo, and then the 10" and 12", which are both the full remixes. The difference between the 10" and the 12" seems to be length, primarily. The one I uploaded is the 10", which is what's going on the Vertigo single CD.

well whats going to happen when the album leaks...people will post that...or will they?

congrats on this thread reaching 100 posts btw. :applaud:

dont look at me like that.....some people like to celebrate milestones for 1000 posts ect.
and i like to make useless ones.

Lo-Fi said:

I agree, once the gets going the groove is the same as the beach clip. A few of the reviews have stated that it builds out of heavy static type noise before the groove is set, I remember one guy commented on this one being the Mofo of the album, now I get what he means. Sounds real nasty, very cool indeed.

I don´t think it´s a remix either. And I have a feeling that this is gonna be huge, definitely my fave so far. That´s the kind of sound I wanted to hear from them.

MT

I've just seen the video but I've skipped the LAPOE intro until Larry talks about the new album. I like what Bono tells about the link between "Stories for boys" and "Vertigo".

"How to dismantle an atomic bomb" will be the U2's third masterpiece!

www.TodoU2.tk

bono_man2002 said:
well whats going to happen when the album leaks...people will post that...or will they?

congrats on this thread reaching 100 posts btw. :applaud:

dont look at me like that.....some people like to celebrate milestones for 1000 posts ect.
and i like to make useless ones.

I hope someone posts the album when it comes out cos where I live we don't get albums until at least a week after the rest of the world and it will be mighty tough to see you all discussing tracks I can't hear:grumpy: ;)

Don't worry, in Japan the album will be out on 17th November and I'm completelly sure that it'll be uploaded as soon as they get it. Anyway I'll wait until 22nd to listen it! :drool:

www.todoU2.tk

Dutch Partygirl, you heard the album, can you confirm if it's a remix or not? My brother has heard it for me (I don't want to do it till 22nd :p) and he's told me it's great, it reminds him to Zooropa era.

www.TodoU2.tk

Dutch Partygirl said:
It's not a remix. Really love this song!

Interesting. Thanks for clearing that up!
On first listen, I wasn't too enthused about the intro, but it's growing on me. I think I just need to hear it with better speakers...

Isn't the Vertigo single out tomorrow in Ireland tomorrow, surely we'll get 'Are You Gonna Wait Forever?' tomorrow for downloading! C'mon Ireland!

It's probably already been metioned, but Adam's bass in this intro is fuckin' AMAZING! Especially starting about 40 seconds into the clip.

This songs seems to be really great :yes: for those ones who loves John Lennon´s music ( including me :D ) that kind of "Instant Karma" drumming is GREAT :heart:

Interesting so far, hard to say without hearing all of it but it is very different from the last album. Reminds me of AB.

Back
Top Bottom