You know something? I LIKE Maroon 5, dammit!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
I really, really do.

They're great live. They incorporate cool funk sounds into a lot of their songs. Adam Levine really has a unique voice. I don't care that they made what is either a really great/terrible/creepy video for "She Will Be Loved." I don't care that Adam thinks he is God's gift to women, I don't care that every frat guy probably has a copy of Songs about Jane...whatever. I like them.

Let the flaming begin!

I don't have a problem. I don't like them myself, but I'm not gonna flame you. You know what? I like a lot of music that, to be honest, is not technically, lyrically, or innovatively impressive. Nevertheless, if I enjoy a tune, I'm not gonna lie about it. You know what? Matchbox twenty make boring middle of the road stuff that I should hate. But I enjoy it nevertheless. It's not necessarily as satisfying as Radiohead or U2, but I still enjoy it. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I'm not gonna go and argue that they're a great band; they're not. But I don't have to be challenged by music to enjoy it. It's just a different type of appreciation.

I agree with UnforgettableLemon's opinion he just stated on music.

I also want to say this:

She WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL be loved!!!!!!!

I knew you'd come in and wreck our shameless pandering of "lesser" music with your perplexed smilies. It's OK, Deathbear, abuse me. :sexywink:

I saw them in concert over the summer and they were really, really great! Very sweet to the crowd, and played a nice long set even though they were technically the openers. Adam's voice holds up nicely live, too, which is more than I can say for a lot of so-called big deals in the music industry today.

I have a lot of quirks in my music taste - people assumed me to be a one track indie kid (which I wasn't happy being labelled as), but when they found out I liked U2, that went straight out of the window. Having variety in things like this is what makes people unique.

Ugh ... we all have those "musical oddballs" that we like.

I will admit it ... I bought the Maroon 5 album. It's not something I will freely admit too, but it's one of those musical quirks in my collection.

Maroon 5 is not on my list of music groups I would gladly poop on. That's saying something.

That being said, the lead singer gets to make out with some damn fine ladies in those videos. Lucky bastard.

Maybe I should form a one-album wonder band so I can make out with numerous foxy half-naked ladies in my videos. :hmm:

man, they are such a great live band, the played at the unc ballroom in greeley last fall. i had no idea who they were, i just went for something to do (come on, this is greeley) and they were really good! gavin degraw opened for them, and he was pretty good too.

after going to the show, i bought both of their cd's. not really up to u2, coldplay, or travis quality, but good for a fun listen nevertheless.

Well no, of course they're not getting past this album.

But hell, the songs that I've heard of theirs remind me of some decent late-90's britpop, so they're fun. Whatever. Everybody jumps on a one-album wonder bandwagon at some point eh? :)

The first few times I heard "This Love," I thought it was a Backstreet Boys song.

i can say i saw maroon 5 back in the day...back when they just had the minor hit (before it really took off i guess) harder to breathe. :wink:

great live act...the album's good too. i'll admit it. :D i also like matchbox twenty (who were previously mentioned), but i really only liked their first album which was at least rock, or pop rock. now their music is a little too middle-of-the-road for me.

Is Adam the lead singer? He looks cweepy to me for some reason.

It's all good, I'll still respect ya in the morning. :wink:

I bought their album after hearing Harder to Breathe. I honestly don't buy CDs often at all but for some reason I was compelled to buy it lol. They weren't really well-known when I bought it. Hey, I like them and I will admit it. I saw them in concert too and I thought they put on a great show!

No, they are not even in the realm of U2 for me of course, but it's a fun CD to listen to...though I'm getting rather sick of it now that they are on the radio all the time.

Last edited:
they stole the chords to WOWY for the chorus to that "she will be loved song".
:|

I like "Harder To Breathe".

Do I still have any friends left here? :|

Besides pax, of course. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom