You can see the sea: The Fawlty Towers appreciation thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: You can see the sea: The Fawlty Towers appreciation thread.

sallycinnamon78 said:
[to Manuel]
This Basil. This Sybil. This smack on head.

Oh, I can't believe I forgot to quote that! That's one of my favourite lines! :lol:

The Germans:

German #2 is crying due to Basil's war comments

German #1: "Look what you made her do!"
Basil: "What I did? You started it"
German #1: "We DID NOT!"
Basil: "You did you invaded Poland"

What about Manuel speaking to the Major... and he thinks it's the moose's head chatting to him.

[Manuel/moose]: I speak English. I learn it from a boooooook.

{Major, to Basil after conversing with moose]: That's a fine animal you've got there Fawlty!

Basil under his breath about Sybils ingrowing toenail: Shame it's not an ingrowing tongue.

After hitting his head and winding up in the next bed:

Sybil: Nice of you to come and see me, Basil.

Basil, to the nurse: My God, you're ugly.

Basil [to Sybil]: Anything else, dear? Would you like the hotel moved several inches to the left? :lmao:

I've been quoting that for years. The invariable smartarse reply is "no, to the right". :yawn:

Polly: Ready to order?
Danny: Er, yeah. What's a gralefrit?
Polly: Grapefruit.
Danny: And creme pot... pot rouge?
Polly: Portugaise. Tomato soup .
Danny: I'll have the gralefrit. Now - balm carousel... lamb?
Polly: Casserole.
Danny: Sounds good. Does it come with a smile?
Polly: It comes with sprouts or carrots.
Danny: Oh, smile's extra, is it?
Polly: You'll get one if you eat up all your sprouts.

Basil: Come on, start, will you!? Start, you vicious bastard!! Come on! Oh my God! I'm warning you — if you don't start… (screams with rage) I'll count to three. (he presses the starter, without success) One…two…three…!!Right! That's it! (he jumps out of the car and addresses it) You've tried it on just once too often! Right! Well, don't say I haven't warned you! I've laid it on the line to you time and time again! Right! Well…this is it! I'm going to give you a damn good thrashing! (he rushes off and comes back with a large branch; he beats the car without mercy)

sallycinnamon78 said:
Basil: Come on, start, will you!? Start, you vicious bastard!! Come on! Oh my God! I'm warning you — if you don't start… (screams with rage) I'll count to three. (he presses the starter, without success) One…two…three…!!Right! That's it! (he jumps out of the car and addresses it) You've tried it on just once too often! Right! Well, don't say I haven't warned you! I've laid it on the line to you time and time again! Right! Well…this is it! I'm going to give you a damn good thrashing! (he rushes off and comes back with a large branch; he beats the car without mercy)

Best. Scene. EVER.

Nothing could top that. No TV show in history will ever beat Basil beating up the car. I laugh just thinking about that.

Absolute. Fucking. Pure. Comedic. BRILLIANCE.

sallycinnamon78 said:

:lmao:

Like Axver, my favourite scene ever.

The Major asks a guest what her dog is and when he get the answer, “He's a little Chitzu”, he replies “Is he really?…Oh dear, dear, dear”!

Back
Top Bottom